Amnesia

SEPTEMBER 3, 2024, 10:01 AM

It has been 8 months since Ranboo had gotten amnesia.

It's just the same thing every day.

Coffee Confessions, the café that had just gained more popularity in the last 3 months, has been doing better now.

Tommy has done nothing about the distance between him and Ranboo.

They're just a guy who orders a vanilla frappuccino every day.

At least, that's what Ranboo thinks they are to the workers at Coffee Confessions.

Aimsey had stopped coming a while back, now going to a new coffee shop that's closer to their house.

Ranboo never stopped coming, though.

He spends about 3 dollars on a vanilla frappuccino every day, unless if the café was closed that day.

Tommy stands at the counter, the soft music filling both the café and his ears, the talking more fainter than the music itself.

The bell rings, signifying that someone had entered the café.

The same dirty blonde that Tommy waits for every day.

This time, he was wearing a black sweater with white stripes on it, quite thin from what Tommy could tell.

Light-washed baggy jeans that almost covered their shoes, Tommy could tell they were converse because of the drawings and how run-downed they looked.

Their hair wasn't any different than it was the last time he had started coming to the café, just a bit shorter.

There were small black heart clip in their hair, something Tommy thought one of his brothers had gotten them.

The dirty blonde walks up to the counter since there was no line.

"Hey, Ranboo." Tommy smiles softly at the other before continuing, "You want the usual?"

The music and talking in the background went silent as Tommy heard Ranboo's voice.

"Uhm.." Ranboo started, a nervous smile forming on their lips as they tripped on their words to continue, "Do you.. Want to go out with me..?"

Tommy stares at the other before opening his mouth to speak, "What?"

"Tommy.. I like you."

A familiar feeling in his heart seems to start, almost as if he's about to have a heart attack.

How does he even approach this?

"I.." Tommy started, "I have an.. Ex.. Crush..? That I still love.."

"Well.. They're not really my ex.." Tommy chuckles as he rubs the back of his neck.

Ranboo's expression seems to falter hearing Tommy's words.

"Oh.." Ranboo murmured under their breath, "So.. How does that even make her your ex?"

"First of all, he uses he/they pronouns." Tommy returned with a small laugh, "And they actually got hit by a car because of the asshole of a boyfriend he had and ended up losing their memory.."

"Oh- damn.." Ranboo laughs as the next song fades in, "Where do you think they're at right now?"

Tommy shakes his head with a chuckle, "You know.."

The music seemed to get a bit louder before Tommy continued.

"They're actually standing right in front of me."

"What?" Ranboo asks with a laugh.

"I mean, they're right in front of this counter."

Ranboo stares at Tommy, trying to figure out what he meant.

"Ranboo. You're the person who lost their memory."

Raboo's words seems to crumble- but not in a bad way.

A small platform forms around Ranboo and Tommy, a shield covering them from the roof that crumbles above them.

Ranboo sits in silence, a smile forming on their face.

"You wanna ditch class? I can get some of the new workers to take over." Tommy asks with a grin forming on his face.

Those new workers were none other than a group that everyone calls 'Full house', a group that contains 6 people but only 5 work there because one is too busy with trying to find the right college.

Those 5 people are none other than Ace and Elliot, the 2 people who had worked there from the start, or what some people call 'late duo'.

Then, the other 3 are the same people who went to a restaurant with Ace and Elliot, none other than Soft, Sour, and Soph.

"Yeah.. I can do that.." Ranboo returned with a soft smile.

"SOFT! SOUR! SOPH! IM GONNA NEED YOU GUYS TO TAKE OVER!" Tommy calls out before taking off his apron, revealing a blue sweater beneath.

Tommy puts the apron in the back before walking over to Ranboo.

Tommy takes the other's hand, "Let's get out of here."

"You don't have to tell me twice."

Maybe there's always a good ending to everything, you just had to wait for it.