Akaza

The train roared in pain as the sword cut through its neck, making the demon jut and shake off the tracks. The wheels screeched as they lifted off their designated path.

You tried to keep the passengers seated so they sustained as few injuries as possible. A few violent shakes rocked the train before the head of the machine tumbled over onto its side. The fall cascaded down the train cars until all were on their side. The sheer force and movement caused them to crash and fall on each other.

A pain settled throughout your body. You had never been thrown in a confined metal space like that before and never wished for it again. Screams and glass from the, now broken, lights echoed through the car.

It only took a few desperate, rapid kicks to a window that it gave out and shattered outward. Through your pain, you managed to start helping passengers out of the window and setting them off to the side. Most were unconscious with minor injuries, only a few were able to somewhat assist in escaping.

You let out a tired sigh after the passengers were all to safety. Taking some deep breaths from the crisp, early morning air was nice. The sun was not up yet, but soon. A moment of clarity allowed you to focus on your companions rather than the people you just assisted.

Inosuke was awake and helping a few on the other end. Zenitsu had passed out and landed outside the train, holding a passenger in one arm and Nezuko in the other. They had helped during the fight you let them sleep, checking on any injuries. Thankfully, they were unscathed except for a few bruises and scratches.

A loud crash caught your attention on the other side of the toppled train. You crept up to the edge of a train car and peered around the side.

The location of the noise was a demon trying to attack Tanjiro, who was lying on the ground. He had a wound on his stomach and was protected by Rengoku above him.

The demon adorned a dark purple sleeveless vest and white baggy pants, revealing his greenish-tinted pale skin and navy-blue tattoos all over his body. He also had short pink hair and blue-yellow eyes. There was Kanji written in his eyes, allowing you to believe he was part of the twelve Kizuki. However, you were just too far away in your hiding spot to read it.

By the time you tuned into their conversation, the demon had asked the flame hashira a question. "Be that as it may, let me make you an offer." He spoke calmly, raising his hand to gesture to Rengoku. "Why don't you become a demon as well?"

"No thanks," Rengoku spoke plainly, answering instantly.

"I can tell just by looking at you that you're strong." He squinted, speaking on his 'fighting spirit quality'. The rather calm demon continued to speak with Rengoku, soon exchanging names.

The demon, who you now learned was named Akaza, tried belittling humans' short lives and convincing the flame hashira to become a demon. Rengoku reiterated his position and spoke kindly of what humans can do despite short lives and weaknesses.

Rengoku gripped his sword, "This boy is not weak. Don't insult him." He defended Tanjiro still lying beside him. "Let me be clear – the two of us will never see eye to eye. No matter what twisted reasons you give, I will not yield!"

"I see." Akaza hummed as his smile turned to an emotionless expression. He suddenly stopped on the ground, activating an attack in the form of a snowflake on the ground below him. "I guess I'll just have to kill you then."

The battle between the demon and flame hashira began, their attacks were too fast for you to see properly. The only thing left was the clash of red, blue, and the dust clouding the two from view.

From your perspective, it was hard to catch every detail, but you tried to gain as much on your enemy as possible. Akaza fought with his fists mostly and never once did his demon art exemplify any other aspect. It appeared to be his main weapon.