~Chapter Five~

All my aching bones are tremblingAnd I may yet fall apartWon't you stay with me, my darlingWhen the war starts in my heart?When the war starts in my heart

And I may yet fall apart
Won't you stay with me, my darling
When the war starts in my heart?

Oh, ashes, ashes, dust to dust
The devil's after both of us
Ooh, lay my curses out to rest
Make a mercy out of me

Oh, ashes, ashes, dust to dustThe devil's after both of usOoh, lay my curses out to restMake a mercy out of me

********************************
*********************************

Sitting in class the next day Rosalie was silently conversing with Neville, over the summer Rosalie had reached out to the boy, and explained to him that they were god-siblings, but what shocked her was that Neville knew, he just never said anything because he didn't believe that he was good enough. Rosalie shot that down real fast. She wrote back a lengthy letter stating that no matter what, he was her family and family stick together, she didn't care if people thought he wasn't good enough, but to her he was, he was the best at herbology and she was okay, she loved plants but being in that blasted garden at her relatives home really made her dislike plants. Neville had never been more thankful to have someone like Rosalie in his life.

They could just see his clawed, wooden foot protruding from underneath his robes. "You can put those away," he growled, stumping over to his desk and sitting down, "those books. You won't need them."

Rosalie and Neville shared a look as they returned the books to their bags.

Moody took out a register, shook his long mane of grizzled grey hair out of his twisted and scarred face and began to call out names, his normal eye moving steadily down the list while his magical eye swivelled around, fixing upon each student as he or she answered.

"Right then," he said, when the last person had declared themselves present, "I've had a letter from Professor Lupin about this class. Seems you've had a pretty thorough grounding in tackling Dark creatures – you've covered Boggarts, Red Caps, Hinkypunks, Grindylow's, Kappas and werewolves, is that right?"