Chapter FORTY FIVE

Breaking.....

Aparna's POV:

As my parents bid me farewell at the entrance of the palace, the weight of the moment pressed heavily on my heart. The early morning sun casts a gentle glow over us, making everything seem almost ethereal. Their flight was scheduled for 8 AM, and I knew this was a significant goodbye.

I hugged my mother tightly, feeling the warmth and love in her embrace. "Take care, Mom," I whispered, my voice choked with emotion.

My mother stroked my hair gently. "Be happy, beta. This is your new home now. They will love you as much as we do."

My father, usually so stoic, had tears in his eyes. "Always be strong, Aparna," he said, his voice trembling. "Remember, we're always here for you."

Maa stepped forward, her presence reassuring. "Don't worry," she said kindly to my parents. "We will take very good care of Aparna. She is our daughter now. Our Grah Laxmi." She said kissing my forehead.

Rajvansh joined us, moving gracefully towards my parents. He bent down to touch their feet, seeking their blessings. My father placed a hand on his shoulder, drawing him up to his level.

"Take good care of my daughter," my father whispered, his voice filled with earnestness. "Love her, protect her. She deserves all the happiness."

Rajvansh met his gaze with unwavering confidence. "I promise you, I will. She is the most important person in my life now." He then added, lowering his voice further, "And please, don't mention anything about our secret to her. She doesn't need to worry about it."

I watched them curiously, trying to catch their words. What secret? What were they discussing so discreetly?

Rajvansh noticed my inquisitive look and quickly shifted the topic, turning his attention back to my parents with a reassuring smile. "We'll come for the pagphera rasam soon."

My parents nodded, seemingly satisfied, though I could see the lingering concern in their eyes. I hugged them one last time, feeling the familiar comfort of their presence before stepping back to stand beside my husband.

As we watched them leave, I couldn't help but feel a mixture of sadness and anticipation. This was a new chapter of my life, and while I was excited, the sense of mystery surrounding that whispered conversation tugged at my curiosity.

But for now, I chose to focus on the love and support surrounding me. Rajvansh took my hand, squeezing it gently as we turned to walk back into the palace.

Today is my pehli rasoi. Maa escorted me to the kitchen. The servants working their stand in a disciplined line, their heads bowed down slightly as they greeted us. Maa told them to resume their work.

As I stood at the entrance of the kitchen, my heart pounded in my chest. The sight of the flames on the stove made my palms sweat and my breath catch. I felt maa's reassuring presence beside me.

"Aparna, it's just a ritual. Your pehli rasoi means you can cook anything. It doesn't have to be elaborate. Don't worry so much," she said, her voice warm and comforting.

She immediately ordered the head chef to switch off every stove.

She patted my back, encouraging me. Nodding, I took a deep breath and stepped into the kitchen. I decided to prepare sandwiches, something simple yet delicious that I knew how to make well. Gathering the ingredients, I focused on the task at hand.

With practiced movements, I layered the bread with fresh vegetables, spread chutney, and assembled the sandwiches. My hands moved quickly, my mind focused on making them as perfect as possible. I hoped everyone would like them, that they would understand my efforts even if it wasn't a traditional dish.