Chapter 3

"Cheers to Elise's New beginning!" They cheered and cling their glasses. Nandito kami ngayon sa club with my staff including my manager. Celebrating my new release photoshoot and also for our new upcoming international photoshoot with Nicolas.

I still can't believe it.

The pulsating beat of the music vibrated through the floor as I stood at our table, surrounded by my team. The celebration was in full swing, the neon lights casting colorful shadows across the club. Coleen raised her glass in a toast, and we all cheered, clinking glasses and laughing.

I took a sip of my drink, feeling the bubbles tickle my throat. As much as I loved celebrating with my team, I felt a restless energy within me. I needed to move, to explore, to soak in the atmosphere.

"I'm going to look around," I said to Coleen, who gave me an understanding nod.

"Psst, huwag gagawa ng kahit ano." She said and give me a warn look.

I laughed and nodded. Talaga, hindi ako magiging makulit this time.

Wandering through the crowded club, I let the music guide me. I moved to the rhythm, feeling the beat in my bones. The dance floor was a sea of bodies, everyone lost in their own world of celebration. I joined in, dancing freely, letting the euphoria of the night wash over me.

As I danced, I caught the eye of a tall, handsome guy with dark hair and a confident smile. He made his way over, moving in sync with the music.

"Hey there," he shouted over the noise, his eyes twinkling. "Having a good time?"

"Definitely!" I replied, smiling back. We danced together, the chemistry undeniable. Another guy joined us, equally attractive, and we formed a small circle, laughing and moving to the beat. I could feel their interest, their flirtatious glances, and I enjoyed the attention.

"Can I buy you a drink?" the dark-haired guy asked, leaning in close.

"Sure," I said, following him to the bar. As we waited for our drinks, he leaned in closer, his hand brushing against mine.

"You're quite familiar, have we meet before?"he asked. his voice smooth.

I laughed, feeling a flush of nervousness, if someone finds out about my identity, my dad will surely get the news, taking a sip of my drink and smiled.

"I don't think so."

We moved to a quieter corner, the other guy tagging along. The conversation flowed easily, filled with playful banter and flirtation. One of them leaned in, his lips brushing against my ear.

"You're too beautiful to be alone tonight," he murmured, his breath warm against my skin.

For a moment, I considered it. The allure of the night, the excitement of a fleeting connection. But I quickly remembered what was at stake. I was on the brink of something great, and I couldn't afford any distractions.

"I appreciate the offer," I said, pulling back slightly.

"But I'm not looking for that tonight."

They both looked a bit disappointed, but they respected my decision. Instead, we continued to flirt and talk, sharing light kisses and enjoying the thrill of the moment without crossing any lines. I felt empowered, in control of my choices, and it added to the exhilaration of the night.

As the evening wore on, I eventually made my way back to our table, feeling invigorated and alive. Coleen raised an eyebrow at me, a knowing smile on her face. "Have fun?"

"Absolutely," I replied, taking my seat and lifting my glass in another toast. The night was still young, and I was exactly where I needed to be—celebrating the present and eagerly anticipating the future.

The lights of the club blurred together as the night wore on. The music thumped in my ears, and I felt lightheaded and giddy from the countless toasts and drinks. Coleen had tried to pace me, but the excitement of the celebration had gotten the best of me. Now, everything seemed to spin as I tried to navigate my way back to our table.

"Elise, I think you've had enough," Coleen said, her voice gentle but firm as she caught me by the arm. I giggled, swaying slightly.

"I'm fine, really," I slurred, but even I could hear how unconvincing I sounded.

Coleen sighed, putting a supportive arm around my waist. "Let's get you out of here. You can stay at my place tonight."

I didn't argue, too dizzy to protest. The next thing I knew, we were in a cab, the city lights streaking past the windows. Coleen kept a steady hand on my back, guiding me as I leaned against her shoulder, my eyes struggling to stay open.

We arrived at Coleen's condo, and she carefully helped me inside. The cozy warmth of her home was a stark contrast to the chaotic energy of the club. She led me to the guest room, where I collapsed onto the bed, too tired to even kick off my shoes.

"Get some rest, Elise," Coleen said, covering me with a blanket. "We'll sort everything out in the morning."

---

The next morning, I woke up with a throbbing headache and a dry mouth. I squinted against the bright sunlight streaming through the window, trying to piece together the events of the night before. Slowly, I sat up, realizing I was in Coleen's guest room.

Groaning, I swung my legs over the side of the bed and shuffled to the bathroom. Splashing cold water on my face, I felt a little more awake. I looked around and noticed my clothes from last night were wrinkled and definitely not suitable for a walk of shame through the city.

I found Coleen in the kitchen, already dressed and sipping her coffee. She smiled sympathetically when she saw me. "Morning, sleepyhead. How are you feeling?"

"Like I got hit by a truck," I admitted, rubbing my temples. "Thanks for taking care of me last night."

"Anytime," she said, getting up to pour me a cup of coffee. "You can borrow one of my dresses before you head home."

"You're a lifesaver," I said, taking the coffee gratefully. After a few sips, I felt a bit more human.

Coleen led me to her closet, where she picked out a simple but chic dress. "This should fit you," she said, handing it to me.

"Thanks," I said, taking the dress and heading back to the guest room to change. It fit perfectly, and I felt much more presentable.

Coleen grabbed her keys and nodded toward the door. "Come on, I'll drive you home."

I followed her out to the car, grateful for her constant support. The drive was quiet, the hum of the engine and the soft music playing in the background soothing my headache. I leaned back in the seat, closing my eyes and letting the motion of the car lull me into a relaxed state.

"I will," I assured her. "Thanks again for everything, Coleen."

I stepped out of the car, waving as she drove away. I made my way into our house, the familiar surroundings bringing a sense of comfort. I kicked off my borrowed shoes and flopped onto my bed, letting out a deep sigh.

The events of last night replayed in my mind, a mix of excitement and caution. I knew I was standing on the edge of something big, and I couldn't afford any distractions. With a renewed sense of determination, I promised myself to stay focused and keep my eye on the prize.