Chapter 5

"Yan! Nice pose Elise! Sige pa!" Sigaw ng photographer habang gumagawa ako ng pose sa harap.

One week nalang at aalis na kami ni Nicolas to USA, doon gaganapin ang photoshoot. And because of announcement of Nicolas about us being partner sa USA major photoshoot, buong pinas ay pinag u-usapan kami. Some of them made rumors na mag jowa daw kami. Nicolas didn't even denied it, so do I. Inantay ko lang naman na siya mismo ang mag dedeny, pero walang sagot from him.

Because of that, more companies want me to endorse their products, kaya busy ako araw araw dahil sa dami ng appointments and photoshoots.

"Walang appointments bukas right?" I asked Coleen.

Break time ko ngayon, naka upo sa malambot kong upuan.

"Hmm! kawawa ka naman, eager kana talaga magpahinga" Coleen sighed.

"Morning may dalawa, but I'll cancel nalang ang isa sa afternoon para makapag pahinga ka."

I smiled.

"Salamat Coleen! Ang sakit na talaga ng likod ko." I said pouting.

She sighed again and massage my back.

"Magpahinga ka bukas sa inyo ha! Matulog ka kahit ilang oras mo gusto."

Oo, magpapahinga ako sa club. Uhaw na uhaw na ako! Ilang weeks ba naman akong hindi nakapag club at nakapag inom! I also miss my friends so I might envite them na mag club bukas!

At syempre para makapag club! Hindi ko sinabi kay Coleen, alam kong hindi niya ako papayagin, lalo na't naging mas sikat na ako ngayon.

But I can't handle it!

---

It was 4 p.m., and the city was alive with the hustle and bustle of the late afternoon. I arrived at the coffee shop, its warm, inviting glow a stark contrast to the chaotic streets outside. I pulled my hoodie up a little higher, hoping to avoid any prying eyes. The paparazzi had been relentless lately, and I couldn't afford any more scandals or distractions.

I pushed open the door and immediately spotted my friends huddled in a corner booth. They looked up as I approached, relief washing over their faces. "Hey, Elise," Jixy said, sliding over to make room for me.

"You made it."

"Of course," I said, giving a small smile.

"I needed this. Desperately."

The barista behind the counter, a young woman with a knowing smile, nodded subtly as I approached. "Good afternoon, Ms. Elise. The usual?"

"Yes, please," I replied, and she moved to make my drink.

Moments later, she handed me a steaming cup of coffee. "The back room is ready for you."

"Thanks," I said, and we made our way through a door marked "Employees Only." We descended a narrow staircase, the air growing cooler and the sounds of the city above fading away. At the bottom, a heavy door with a small window awaited. I knocked three times, a secret signal, and the door creaked open.

The hidden bar was an exclusive haven for the city's elite, a place where privacy was guaranteed. Only the VVVIPs had access, and tonight, I was grateful for the sanctuary it provided. The soft hum of jazz music and the low murmur of conversation greeted us as we entered.

The bartender, a tall man with a friendly smile, nodded as we approached. "Welcome back, Ms. Elise. Your usual table?"

"Yes, thank you," I said, and we settled into a cozy corner booth, shielded from view.