Chapter 15

Returning to the hotel in the late afternoon, I felt a mix of exhilaration and restlessness after a long day of  shopping. Today, I craved a break from the relentless spotlight, a chance to let loose and enjoy the vibrant nightlife of the city. Gusto ko mag club!

In my hotel room, I selected a sleek, black satin dress that hugged my curves just right, its neckline plunging gracefully but tastefully to accentuate without revealing too much. The fabric shimmered under the soft glow of the room's lights, catching hints of gold and silver that reflected my mood—confident, yet approachable.

Completing the ensemble, I chose a pair of strappy stiletto heels that elongated my legs and added an air of sophistication to the outfit. Their subtle sparkle echoed the shimmer of the dress, creating a harmonious balance of allure and elegance. A delicate pendant necklace adorned my neckline, its pendant catching the light as it nestled against my collarbone.

For makeup, I opted for a natural yet alluring look. A light dusting of bronzer accentuated my cheekbones, while a touch of peachy blush added a hint of warmth to my complexion. Soft, smoky eyeshadow in earthy tones highlighted my eyes, complemented by a swipe of mascara that enhanced my lashes. A nude lipstick completed the look, adding a touch of understated glamour to my lips.

Pausing before the mirror, I adjusted a loose strand of hair that framed my face, ensuring everything was just right before heading downstairs. The outfit felt like a second skin, empowering me with a sense of confidence and readiness for the night's adventures.

As I made my way downstairs, the imposing presence of the bodyguards stationed near the hotel's entrance gave me pause. Bringing them along felt stifling and unnecessary; I needed space to breathe and unwind without their watchful eyes. With a deep breath, I approached them tentatively, hoping to convince them to let me go alone.

"Hey, guys," I began, flashing a charming smile. "I'm heading out for a bit. You don't need to come with me tonight. I'll let Nicolas know, so no worries."

The bodyguards exchanged a glance, their expressions unreadable. Silence hung in the air for a moment before one of them spoke up, his voice gruff and authoritative. "Sorry, miss. Protocol says we stick together."

I frowned, knowing this wouldn't be easy. "But really, it's just a quick trip. I won't be long, I promise."

They remained unmoved, their stance firm and unyielding. Resigned, I realized I had no choice but to find another way. With a nod and a forced smile, I turned on my heel and retreated back into the hotel, my mind racing with alternatives.

Agh! Paano ko ba sila ma kukumbinsi! I tried texting Nicolas.

Nicolas:
Hey Nicolas! Sorry for disturbing your trip! I just want to ask if those bodyguards necessarily go with me everywhere? I wanted to go for a club:)

Minutes past, and I can't wait for Nicolas's respond! Mag gagabi na and I need to take step para makalabas dito!

And an idea jump into my head. The fire exit! I'm sure walang bodyguard doon.

Behind the hotel, away from the prying eyes of security, I found solace in the dimly lit alleyway. Hailing a taxi, I quickly climbed inside and directed the driver to take me to the city's most exclusive club. Leaning back against the plush seat, I couldn't suppress a smile as the city's neon lights blurred past the window.

Arriving at the club, my anticipation grew palpable. Towering bouncers, dressed in sleek suits, stood guard at the entrance, their presence intimidating yet strangely inviting. I approached them confidently, my heart pounding with excitement and a hint of nervousness.

"Excuse me," I began, flashing a bright smile as I pulled out my phone.

"I believe there's been a mistake. I'm expected here tonight."