Chapter 13

The morning light streamed through the curtains, gently waking me from a deep sleep. I blinked, my eyes adjusting to the brightness, and reached out, expecting to feel Jiro beside me. But the bed was empty. Panic and confusion gripped me as the memories of last night came flooding back.

I sat up, the oversized white t-shirt I was wearing slipping off one shoulder. It smelled of Jiro, a mix of expensive cologne and something uniquely him. My heart raced as I replayed the events in my mind, the embarrassment and shock washing over me. How could I have let that happen? What would everyone think?

Standing up, I made my way to the mirror. My hair was still down, tousled from sleep, and the t-shirt hung loosely on my petite frame. It felt surreal, like I was wearing a piece of him, a reminder of the intimacy we shared.

Then, like a bolt of lightning, it hit me—we had a photoshoot this morning! My heart pounded as I quickly left the room, hoping to find some sign of Jiro or anyone else who could help me make sense of everything. The hallway was eerily quiet, and I whispered to myself, "Where's Jiro?"

I hurried back to my room, only to find Riri, Lordes, and Coleen already there, preparing for the shoot. They were freshly showered and busy with their makeup, but the moment I entered, an awkward silence fell over the room. My cheeks burned with embarrassment, the memory of last night heavy on my mind.

No one said a word, and I didn't dare to look them in the eyes. Instead, I grabbed my towel and rushed to the bathroom, needing to wash away the remnants of last night and the humiliation that clung to me. The warm water was a small comfort as I scrubbed my skin, trying to focus on the task at hand and not the whirlwind of emotions threatening to overwhelm me.

When I finally emerged, the tension in the room was still palpable, but I forced myself to face it. Today was about the photoshoot, and I had to push everything else aside, at least for now.

The warm water of the shower had done little to wash away my nerves. Wrapping myself in a towel, I took a deep breath before stepping out and heading back to the room. Riri, my personal makeup artist, was already waiting, her usual friendly demeanor replaced by a noticeable tension.

I approached Riri slowly, my mind racing with questions and worries. As I sat down, the silence between us felt heavy and uncomfortable. This wasn't like our usual mornings filled with light chatter and laughter.

"Bakit hindi kayo nag sasalita?" I asked, my confusion evident in my voice.

Riri's hand paused, her brush hovering just above my cheek. Coleen glanced at me, then exchanged a quick look with Lordes.

"Saan ka natulog kagabi?" Coleen asked, her tone careful but probing.

Regret washed over me instantly. I shouldn't have said anything. My mind raced for a response, but all I managed was, "Ahmm..." I didn't know what to say, my voice trailing off into an awkward silence.

Riri resumed her work, applying powder to my face with a focused intensity. "Ah, si sir Jiro, Ma'am, umuwi muna sa Pinas," she said calmly.

"Umuwi?" I repeated, trying to process the information. "Bakit siya umuwi?"

"And so?" I added quickly, trying to sound indifferent, but the questions swirled in my mind. Why had he left so suddenly?

Riri's eyes met mine in the mirror. "Baka lang po nag hahanap ka sa kanya," she said, her tone careful and measured.

Wait. They knew? How!? My heart skipped a beat. The realization hit me like a ton of bricks. They knew about last night. But how much did they know? My mind raced with panic and embarrassment.

I forced myself to stay still as Riri continued with my makeup, but the silence felt heavier than ever. I tried to calm my racing thoughts, but the questions and uncertainty gnawed at me. I needed to focus on the photoshoot, but the events of last night and the sudden departure of Jiro loomed large in my mind, casting a shadow over everything.

"Hindi mo naman sinabi ma'am, na boyfriend mo pala si sir Jiro." Riri said, smiling.

Boyfriend!? Bakit nila nasabi yon!

"Nasabi ko tuloy sayo kagabi yung about sa campo nila, sorry po." She said. Yumuyuko na ngayon.

"Ahh, hindi ko siya boyfriend!" I quickly said.

All their eyes were on me as I said that. Coleen approached.

"Hindi? Kung ganoon bakit ka nasa kwarto ni sir Jiro?" Coleen said confusingly.

"Ahh, kasi.." I pressed my lips together, unable to build words.

Paano ko bato sasabihin. Kung isasabi ko ang totoo, ano ang masasabi nila? Na malandi ako? Na nakipag sex ako sa bestfriend ng partner ko?  Well hindi naman kami nag sex! It's just that, syempre yun ang inaakala nila.

"Walang nangyari sa amin, we just slept! Iyon lang!" I said defensively.

They were still watching me, not convinced.

"Wala nga, really, walang nangyari." I said.

"Eh bakit sabi niya pagod ka raw? Hayaan kana mona daw naming matulog. Ano bang ginawa niyo para mapagod ka?" Riri said, lifting her right eyebrows.

"What!? He said that!?" Loko tong si Jiro! Bakit niya sinabi yon!

I just laughed. Ang awkward! Wala akong masabi.

"Gumamit kayo ng protection?" Coleen ask.

"What! Hindi! I mean! Wala namang nangyari!" I said, lumilingo.

Ano ba kasi to!

By the time I arrived at the photoshoot location, I was three hours late. The staff bustled around, prepping lights and equipment, but their eyes turned to me as I walked in. My cheeks burned with embarrassment. Nicolas stood near the set, his expression calm as he greeted me.

"Good morning, Elise," he said with a warm smile, not mentioning my tardiness. His kindness only made me feel worse.

The photoshoot started, and I did my best to push aside the anxiety gnawing at me. The photographer was energetic, adjusting his camera and giving directions. "Alright, Elise, let's see what you've got!"

As the session progressed, he suddenly exclaimed, "Wow! Bakit mas lalo kang gumanda ngayon, Elise! Iba ang aura mo ngayon ah!" His enthusiasm was infectious, but I felt a rush of self-consciousness as everyone turned to look at me.

I laughed nervously, shifting my weight and glancing around. "Thanks!" I replied, trying to sound casual as I met their gazes. Even Nicolas was smiling, a knowing look in his eyes that made my stomach flip.

What the heck? Do they all know? Did Jiro tell them? My mind raced with possibilities, each one more mortifying than the last. The staff continued to watch me, their expressions a mix of curiosity and amusement.

I forced myself to focus on the photographer's instructions, hoping the work would distract me from my swirling thoughts. As I posed and smiled for the camera, I couldn't shake the feeling that everyone knew exactly what had happened last night. The idea made my skin prickle with embarrassment, but I pushed through, determined to maintain my professionalism despite the turmoil inside.