Ch 563 - 564

C563: Fiefdom where the Dust Settles

Apart from this, the jewelry workshop also presented a certain scale. In order to prevent leakage of the crafting techniques, He Zhiran specially went to an agency to buy back more than twenty craftsmen to be solely responsible for using molds to produce various gold and silver jewelry.

Not only that, but skilled and dexterous craftsmen could also produce jewelry inlaid with various gemstones.

On Tang Mingrui's side, he had already opened more than a dozen hot pot restaurants, with booming business that goes without saying.

As soon as the hot pot restaurants' business got on track, he immediately set about preparing jewelry shops.

No matter what era, the period before the New Year is always the most profitable for businesses.

There is a habit among the common people to spend most of the savings they scrimped and saved over the year during the New Year period.

Therefore, he had to make a big profit before the New Year.

On He Zhiran's side, the mold-made jewelry was not only beautiful in design, but the production speed was also incomparable to handcrafting.

In other words, the time it took to produce a hundred pieces of jewelry using molds might only allow for one piece to be handcrafted.

Therefore, by the time she notified Tang Mingrui to prepare the storefront, the Mo Family had already produced countless pieces of gold and silver jewelry.

After all, time was tight and it was close to the New Year, so Tang Mingrui couldn't conveniently travel too far to set things up and could only temporarily open a jewelry shop within the provincial capital.

However, he was also clear that these jewelry pieces were beautiful and special, and would surely be deeply favored by women. Relying solely on the purchasing power of wealthy families in the northwest would not achieve the desired effect.

Fortunately, he had many connections in other places, and He Zhiran cooperated very well by drawing a poster for a novel jewelry design using sketches. Although the realism could not match that of photography, it far surpassed the ink paintings of the era.

Moreover, this poster was clearly a painting, so even if someone praised it, there would be no suspicion.

In order for Tang Mingrui to share the poster with more people, He Zhiran purchased a copying machine from the Taobao Mall and placed it in her space, making hundreds of copies of the poster.

This was a great help to Tang Mingrui. The posters were sent to various provincial capitals, and on the opening day of the northwestern jewelry shop, it was packed with people.

Because these jewelry pieces had unique designs, they were naturally priced much higher, but even so, all the merchandise displayed in the shop that day was sold out.

This trend was something Tang Mingrui had not expected. He knew that people's consumption mentality would be stronger before the New Year, but how could it be this intense?

In fact, the amount of jewelry He Zhiran supplied him with was not small, but in this era, those in the jewelry business were very cautious, after all, with the chaotic times, bandits and robbers could be seen everywhere. If they were robbed, it would be a total loss.

Therefore, on the first day of Tang Mingrui's jewelry shop opening, he only displayed an estimated amount, never expecting it to sell out completely.

If it were a food shop with goods selling out, that wouldn't be surprising at all, but who has ever heard of all the merchandise in a jewelry shop being sold out?