Ch 419 - 420

C419: It’s Only Part of It

In ordinary people's families, those who could have an ox for plowing, or raise one or two fat pigs, would definitely be considered a wealthy family.

When the Cui family in Xilin Village was so wealthy, there were only oxen raised in Ligui's family for plowing.

It was used to plow the fields during the busy farming seasons, and earned quite some silver pulling the cart during other times.

But what did they see now?

The Mo family actually drove hundreds of cattle into the village, with only a dozen or so of the yellow cattle that they were familiar with, the rest were black and white mottled, completely different from what plow oxen should look like in their mind, plus hundreds of sheep, and hundreds of fat pigs...

In fact, the villagers didn't know that the black and white mottled ones were dairy cows.

This was because the Da Shun Dynasty had very strict control over cattle. For any peasant family that had plow oxen, they must be registered with the government, in other words, plow oxen had household registration in Da Shun, slaughtering them randomly was like murdering people.

He Zhiran didn't want to challenge national policies for money, it wasn't that she was timid, but she felt it wasn't worth violating the law for that bit of not so much money.

Therefore, the cows raised on the Mo family farm were mainly dairy cows.

The dairy cows produced in her space had much higher milk yields than normal dairy cows, and milk was also very valuable at this time. Plus it could also be further processed into other delicious foods.

Calculated this way, the profits from raising dairy cows would be no less than beef cattle.

The herds of cattle, sheep and pigs had just been driven towards the foot of the mountain, followed by dozens of ox carts, loaded with chickens, ducks and geese.

The villagers had never seen such a spectacular scene before, and they all gathered around Mo Jiuye.

Zhao Ligui walked at the forefront of the crowd.

"Old Nine, you got rich? Bought so many livestock."

The village was on Mo Jiuye’s way home, he had anticipated that passing by would surely cause a sensation with the villagers.

After all, they didn't intend to hide these poultry and livestock, let alone the necessity.

The farm was built at the foot of the mountain, adjacent to their home fields.

The fields were all being taken care of by hired hands, and everyone knew that the Mo family farm was next door.

"Uncle Zhao, these are just a fraction, we country folks, don't we rely on land and these to make a living?"

Mo Jiuye said so, also to let Zhao Ligui and the villagers recognize the Mo family's identity as soon as possible.

Now they, the Mo family, were no longer some nobles, but farmers who made a living by working like them.

At the same time, he also hoped that the next time he transported these poultry and livestock back, it would not cause such a sensation.

At the same time, he also considered that he might further expand the scale of farming in the future, and transport more poultry and livestock into the village, hoping that the villagers could stay calm about it.

Unfortunately, Mo Jiuye still overestimated the villagers' receptivity.

They didn't consider the issue of the Mo family's current status at all. To them, the Mo family was just a big rich family, an out and out big rich family.