CHAPTER-6, FROM 9 ¾ TO......, PART ONE

CHAPTER-6
FROM 9 ¾ TO...
PART ONE

It's the day!! I am going to Hogwarts TODAY!!!!! I am so excited about it that I couldn't even sleep last night, and my stomach was feeling so full that I couldn't even eat breakfast! It was like my stomach has its own heart and it was excitedly pumping on its own, telling me the excitement was enough to fuel my body and mind. Is all of this normal to feel?! Because Ishya was feeling the same! We both had talked so much about Hogwarts and magic that I wasn't feeling lonely or down about the letter we received from mummy this morning. She talked repeatedly about papa to come back as soon as they leave me as he might encounter other dangerous people like me. Somehow all these things don't hurt that much.

We are at the King's Cross station, to catch the Hogwarts Express. Me and papa were together with Ishya's parents. It seems like papa and her parents didn't get that well. Her parents always knew that their child would have magic, as Ishya's grandparents both had magic. Her father doesn't have magic nor does her mother have magic, but she got it. I mean papa is getting along with them, but he is maintaining his distance as well.

Ishya is an only child, and very dear to everyone in her family. And about Ishya, she has already become my very good friend. We have many things in common, although being completely opposites. But we are so smooth going naturally. So natural that we almost wore the same patterned clothes, I mean it's trendy as well. I was wearing a beige denim short skirt with brown buttons as a decoration at the ends of my pockets at both left and right side of skirt and with a light brown belt around the skirt which I was pairing with a royal blue colored shirt with continuous bottomless triangular patterns all across the shirt of different shades of green, yellow, orange, white and black with black buttons, tucked inside the skirt. While Ishya was wearing a knee length shirtwaist frock with poncho sleeves with small roses all over the frock in different colors with a red colored plain belt around her waist. And as was our dress, we were having two braids done, with myself having a blue colored thick headband and Ishya with red plain hair clips on her.

We were looking like sisters in a type of way. When Ishya's mother saw us wearing almost the same clothes, she forced us to have the same hairstyle as well. We didn't want braids, at least not two according to Ishya, but we still got it(and it was the best decision to make). I like my hair open and Ishya likes only one braid but we agreed just this time. Whenever we see eachother we laugh a lot like idiots, watching each other is like watching a mirror.

Ishya's parents loved us in it, but my father, I don't know if he's sad, slightly happy or upset. Sometimes I just don't get him. From the moment I came to know why I was not allowed to play with other kids, not allowed to go out on my own and allowed to be even angry, the only thing left for me to do was to observe my family. Like knowing their moods, how they react in different situations and emotions, what they like to do and when. And it wasn't boring or pitiful at all. I truly enjoyed it. It was like solving a mystery or a crossword. I liked to solve them. I even got a newspaper with a crossword in it, but it's completely in English ( I need to learn more English). And even after so much experience, it's still hard to understand papa.

He was angry yesterday, when I told him about my wand. He had said to me very angrily why I was not able to get a wand with strong cores mentioned by Mr. Ollivander. And for the first time, I wasn't scared, I was angry. Angry because of what I don't know, but it was wrong of him. He shouldn't have said that. It just felt like he was not in any position to tell me why I didn't get one of the strongest core. I shouldn't think like that. Maybe he was just a bit afraid that something would happen to me because of my weak wand core, at least that's what he told me somewhat. I shouldn't say this, but I can't help it if my mind thinks so.