Chapter 8

The Design Director Who Can't Fall in Love (8)

  If he hadn't heard Zhou Min suddenly mention it, he would have almost forgotten the memory of his childhood that was forgotten in the corner. It was the day after his mother's death and the seven-day vigil at home. Due to customs and because of Yejia's status in City A, many people came to Yejia at that time, including Zhou Min who was wearing a black lace dress because Zhou Min had always been pestering him since she was a child.

  , Though she always pestered him , that time she was very quiet. It seemed that the girl who was less than eight years old had already understood that he was in a bad and sad mood at that time. That night, it was thundering and raining, and he was lying alone. On the big bed, looking at the ferocious blue thunder and lightning and the heavy rain outside, he was stiff, but suppressed his low cry, like a wounded animal, he only knew how to hold on to the sheets tightly to vent his fear and sadness until he felt as if his palms were wet.

  It wasn't until someone opened the room at the back that Ye Ziyan turned his head stiffly with red and swollen eyes. A flash of white lightning flashed through the night, making the dark room suddenly illuminated. The girl who  walked was holding a huge teddy bear. Zhou Min, standing barefoot in the room, eyes frightened, seemed to be awakened by the extremely terrifying thunder and lightning.

  The silence and silence in the air prevented them from speaking first, until he moved his eyes away and looked at the thunder and lightning outside the window again, until the air became more and more silent.

  After a long time, he felt the sound of people crawling on the bed behind him. He felt that the girl holding the huge teddy bear put the bear on the bedside, then climbed onto his bed, then stretched out her hand and squeezed tightly. She grabbed his hand on the through sheets, and then her little soft body hugged him like this.

  "Brother Ziyan, don't be afraid, don't be afraid, Minmin will accompany you, will always be with you, will not let you go alone, will never let you go alone, I will stay with you forever,Promise!!!"

  The childish voice sounded like a child's voice. Trembling, but trying her best to comfort him, she dared to say forever to him even though she didn't know what forever meant. At that time, he only thought it was ridiculous, but he had to say that that night, her small body and soft little hands , the warm body made him feel inexplicably at ease.

  Thinking about it now, it seemed that the night he had the best sleep since his mother's death was the night he was held and comforted by this little girl. But when he woke up the next day, he realized that she had been found by someone from the Zhou family. She was taken away before dawn, and the reason why she stayed at Yejia was because the Zhou family's former head of Yejia, his grandfather, stayed in the study that night.

  I don't know what was said, and because little Zhou Min was still young, he let her sleep in Ye's house first. However, because Ye's house was also very busy at that time, thunder and lightning woke up little Zhou Min who was sleeping, and she subconsciously Hugging her bear, she search his room again and again.

  After all, Little Zhou Min seemed to come to Yejia every weekend since he was six years old. At that time, his mother seemed to particularly like this quiet and obedient girl who looked like a Barbie doll, but she always liked to follow him. It seems like twenty years have passed since then. The little girl has grown up!

  By the way, she seemed to have the same birthday as him in the same year, month, and day. Such things were always joked by his mother at the time, saying that they must have had deep entanglements in their previous lives, so they were born at the same time. It was not extremely unusual. Intimacy is extreme hatred, because they are unwilling to give in and come out to be younger brothers or younger sisters!

  So when her mother was still alive, Zhou Min's birthdays were celebrated with him for several years.

  Now I suddenly think of these memories that were so long ago that I seemed to have almost forgotten them. They suddenly became clear and resurfaced without any warning.

  Thinking of her confession tonight, his heart suddenly felt a little more unspeakable tolerance for her.

  Maybe it was because his favorite mother liked her very much, or maybe it was because she remembered those childish words so clearly, which surprised him. After all, he was the same age as her at that time, and they slept in each other's arms. It was only less than two or three hours. The time was so short that he had almost forgotten it, but she had been working hard for that childhood vow. Although the so-called forever promise was just her decision, but now that he thinks about it, his heart feels warm.

  That night was the most painful and scary time for him, and she used her own way to make him no longer alone that night! Although it was only a few hours, but, come to think of it, at that time, the warmth and softness contained in her small body brought him a bit of comfort on that cold and terrible thunderstorm day, and gave him at that time a sense of relief. The illusion of being protected and cherished.

  When Ye Ziyan looked at Zhou Min again, although he was not gentle, he was no longer as cold as the abyss, which made people shudder. With a touch of calm.

  But although he still didn't like Zhou Min's touch, he couldn bear it for now.He grabbed Zhou Min's wrists with one hand, gently lifted her up, then stood up, pushed the swivel chair back with his feet, and slid it forward. He picked Zhou Min up in the direction of his door and took her to another guest room in the villa.

  After putting her down, Ye Ziyan turned and left. What she said tonight shocked Ye Ziyan deeply. In other words, his little habits and habits she mentioned surprised him. After all, To prevent himself from being seen through, he never showed too much affection for one thing or one thing in front of anyone.

  He has always been calm and treated everyone equally, as if he ate every dish, but he would not pick up every dish again. He was indeed frivolous and youthful, but that was before he was a teenager, and after His frivolity and youth have long been buried by him, and his so-called frivolity and wantonness are just a cover-up, a way to confuse the enemy.

  Since his mother's death, he seems to have changed every year. Even he himself has forgotten what kind of character he should be. Maybe even he himself can't remember what he likes and dislikes, what is true and what is deliberate!

  But what Zhou Min said today still made him suddenly feel like he had been stripped naked. The feeling of being discovered naked made him feel complicated and even more vigilant.

  When Ye Ziyan went out, Zhou Min's eyes, which should have been asleep, suddenly opened, and system even cheered happily in Zhou Min's mind.

  "Host, how do you know so many things about the male protagonist!?"