EP 91

Short Update, but at least I am giving quick.

You will like the episode. Some calms before the storms :p

-----

"Hoor?" She was walking down the hospital corridor with Ahil, holding a file in her hand and talking to him when she turned at Hamza's call. Ahil also turned with his usual "I don't want to talk to anyone" expression. He didn't like Hamza much anyway.

"I wanted to invite you." Hamza extended the card towards Hoor, which she took. He deliberately ignored Ahil. He was invited as her co-worker's husband; otherwise, they had no close relationship. Just a senior and Junior,

"Are you getting married?" she asked with a smile before opening the card.

"It's my daughter's fifth birthday." Hoor looked at the card, then abruptly lifted her head. Ahil was also looking at him, hiding his surprise.

"You... you were married all this time??? And you had a daughter too????" She was now questioning him, having dropped the card. He rubbed his ear, a bit embarrassed, and nodded his head.

"My wife and I would be happy if you both come." Hoor nodded and promised to attend. As Hamza left, she turned around.

"I didn't know Hamza was married. By the way, he is a really nice person. If I ever need help..."

"We were discussing something important." He interrupted her, wanting to steer the conversation back to the main topic. He didn't like hearing praises of someone else, for some reason.

"Haan, waise bhi mujhe kaam ki baat ke ilawa ab aap se baat karna pasand bhi nahi. Purani aadat hai thoda waqt legi jane mein." She shot back with sarcasm and had moved on to the main topic, making him regret his earlier comment.

(Yes, besides, I don't really like talking to you about anything other than work now. It will take some time to get over the old habit)

Two days later, when he came back to her place, she was sitting in the lounge, engaged in conversation with her uncle's son and daughter. She was cheerful. She hadn't been that cheerful with him lately, so seeing her talk so happily with someone else soured his mood. Anyway, he politely approached and greeted her cousin, then sat down next to Hoor.

"I'll bring tea for everyone." She got up and left, while he was internally fuming. He was sitting there because of her. Why stay when she wasn't there? After waiting patiently for five to seven minutes, he made small talk with the other two and then excused himself to leave. He followed her into the kitchen.

"Idhar kyun aagaye? Baithe rehte. Main la hi rahi thi chai mehmanon ke liye." she said.

(Why are you here? You could have just stayed there. I was bringing tea for the guests)

"To le jana mehmanon ke liye. Main un mehmanon mein nahi aata." Hoor started straining the tea, suppressing a smile.

(Then take it to the guests. I don't belong to those guests.)

"Your choice. I'm going to sit with the guests and have tea; you can join if you want." She poured the tea into cups and turned to leave. He followed her back.

Everyone sat there and had tea. Hoor continued to chat cheerfully with everyone except Ahil, and he reluctantly stayed until he could take it no longer. He then got up and went to Hoor's room, messaging her to come too; she'd done enough serving! He was here for her!

"Haan ji, farmaiye!" she asked as she entered the room, finding him sitting on the bed.

(Yes, what do you want?)