EP 92

Before you start the episode,

Trigger Warnings: Child abuse, rape, domestic violence, death.

You can go ahead....and hate me or love me. But what's done is done.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Nazneen... Nazneen..." Nazneen was looking at Hira's doll's new clothes with Hira when they both got scared by Sherazi's shouting voice. She had probably never heard Sherazi so angry before. And ever since she was pregnant, he hadn't gotten this angry with her. Nazneen turned around, and within moments, he was in the room.

"You..." He advanced and grabbed a fistful of Nazneen's hair. Hira reached out to try and separate them.

"Did you pay that journalist to follow me and take those wrong pictures and upload them on the internet? Did you try to harm me?" Sherazi remembered the pictures where he was drunk, which had surfaced on the internet a while back.

"Did you think you could pay a journalist and get the job done? Couldn't I have hired someone to investigate the whole story?" He hissed, bringing her face closer.

"Let go of Nazneen." Hira tried to save Nazneen by attacking Sherazi's arm with her nails. Sherazi turned his attention to her and looked at her hand on his arm.

"You... You were doing this for Hira, weren't you? I knew it. You were trying to keep her away from me, not leaving her home, making her talk to me as little as possible. Now see what I do to her." Leaving Nazneen's hair, he started dragging Hira out of the room, locking Nazneen inside. He started pulling Hira forward.

" Nahi. Please Hira ko kuch mat karo. Mujh par apna gussa nikaal lo. Woh chhoti hai, use mat hurt karo. Woh bachchi hai... please... Khuda ka khauf karo... please..." Nazneen was banging on the door. Her voice was getting hoarse from all the shouting. The bungalow was big, and the servants had already been sent away by Sherazi earlier.

(No, please, don't hurt Hira. Take your anger out on me. She is little; don't hurt her. She's a child... please... have some fear of Allah... please...)

"Chhodo mujhe. Kutte. Chhodo... Nazneen... Nazneen... Baba.." Hira was being dragged along with her favorite doll, dressed in a green frock. It was her favorite doll. He dragged her to the basement. The basement was dark. Letting go of Hira, he took the doll from her hand and smashed it against the wall. The doll broke into pieces.

(Let me go. You dog. Let me go... Nazneen... Nazneen... Baba...)

"Bad-tameez insaan. Kutte kutte kutte. Tum ne meri pasandeeda gudiya tod di." Hira started hitting him, but the strength of a 10-11 year-old girl was no match for a man.

(Mannerless man. Dog, dog, dog. You broke my favorite doll)

"Now you see what I do to you." And he did what men of lust do.

That night, what had always been happening happened again. A new story, a new incident.

That day, the doll in the green frock was not the only doll that was broken in that basement.

——————

She was sitting on the floor, leaning against the bed, for a long time. When he entered the room and saw her sitting like that, he sat down next to her with concern.

"Raima? Is everything okay? If something happened, tell me. I'm here." Raima didn't respond. Hassan didn't ask again. She was like that. Often, if she didn't want to talk, she wouldn't respond.

"You know, my deal with Sherazi is over. I suffered a loss, but pictures of that person surfaced, and because of backing a criminal of a little girl, he's very disgraced. An NGO has taken up the girl's case since she has no family, so I don't think it will be easy to handle. It's trending on the internet as well. His political career is almost over. Who would vote for such a person? Even his party has expelled him." Raima listened silently.