-12-

Jayasvi looked lost as she stared at the pages of her thick political science book. A pout appeared on her lips as she noted down some information in her notebook. Her eyes fell on her nails which were still adored with a beautiful nail art along with her mehendi. She smiled at the beauty shaking her head quickly to concentrate on her book.

When she reached college she got to know the two classes for the day were canceled so she thought to act productive and study some more for the masters exam she would've to give at the end of the year

She bit her lower lip as she reached to a point where she couldn't exactly understand what the statement meant. She marked the statement before moving towards the computer lab in the library to get some information there. Before that she thought to check the time. It was 11.30. She realized two hours already passed maybe she could take a break now. She turned to look at her phone to find any updates. She saw some messages from Raghav.

"You free, today?"

He send it one and half hour ago. She thought to answer the message but then remembered her mother's words. She should maintain some distance from him now that the engagement is done so the marriage takes place without any problem. She knew she can't express her feeling in a message since she was so bad at it, thereby she thought to call him right away. She felt disappointed when he didn't pick up. She wanted to hear his voice so badly.

She fought with her mother two days ago, when she asked her to remove the engagement ring since it's dangerous to wear it here in Delhi. She can understand her worry, but that ring meant so much to her. Everytime she looked at it she found herself smiling stupidly thinking about her fiancé.

When she entered the college, she met some of her classmates who did question her about her getting absent suddenly. They have already heard about her being involved with Raghav Hooda from Pooja. Also they were seeing her so groomed up for the first time with her eyebrows done perfectly showing the perfect arch they made, the glow on her face, the bright henna in her hand reaching to her elbows and the way her nails were done so beautifully, they could understand what might have happened. Much to Jayasvi's disappointment she came across to Pooja on her way as well who looked slightly taken aback when she saw her.

"Hey, nice to meet you", Jayasvi said looking at her. She didn't want to have an enmity with her once good friend. Pooja can think whatever trash she wants about her but much to her disappointment she couldn't think otherwise for her. Her stupid heart would continue telling her once to talk to Pooja.

"You want to talk to me, Jayasvi. I am afraid Mr. Hooda would come after me if I somehow made you upset", Pooja spoke shaking her head. She hated her at the moment at how she brought another person in their conversation.

"See Pooja, I have nothing to explain to anyone. All I know is even after whatever you do, I care for you. The people you are staying with aren't the right people you should be around. But again it's your life, your decision, I can just give you advice", Jayasvi spoke only to find Pooja smiling mockingly at her.