Kaguya Wants to Make Sure

"I actually hate you."

The girl looked at me in shock, almost as if they had been betrayed by a lifelong ally.

"I really hate you."

"Shinomiya"

"A love letter?" Chika pondered.

Right now I was helping out the president with some paperwork, but I couldn't help but overhear Fujiwara and Kaguya senpai's conversation.

"Honestly, I think it's kind of romantic..." Kaguya brought a hand to her cheek.

"Asking you out to eat food! Isn't this basically a date!? Y-Y-ou're not planning on actually going are you!?" Chika exclaimed.

"But of course!" She responded cheerily.

I noticed the President snap his pencil beside me.

"D-Dude..." I muttered concerned.

I looked over at the president and saw the mortified expression on his face, it was as though he had gone through multiple stages of grief.

"Maybe if you confessed she would say the same thing to you..." I thought, ticked off by the President's pride.

"A gentleman mustered up all of his courage to ask me such an important question! How could I possibly turn this down?" Kaguya said, holding the letter close to her chest.

I looked at the president with a "You wish that was you huh?" look. It took me everything to restrain my laughter.

But really, it's this easy to get in the president's head huh? You've seen her reject public confessions before dude! And she didn't exactly care about 'gentlemen's courage' when she turned them down...

In other words...

You're being set up President!

"Hey, control yourself!" I pinched the president's thigh to get him to snap back to reality.

President looked at me in slight shock, but then a smile began to creep its way on his face.

"Thank you M/N..." Shirogana muttered.

"As the student council president... I simply cannot endorse illicit romantic relationships!"

Wow he's really pulling that card huh?

But still... What a great way to respond! By speaking out as the student council president, rather than Miyuki Shirogoane, he can provide an objective perspective that doesn't show how he feels at all! And Kaguya has no choic-

Wait...

What the f*ck am I doing?

I immediately put a hand across my mouth in shock.

DAMN THESE TEENAGERS! I'VE BEEN INVOLVED IN THIS GAME FOR SO DAMN LONG I'M EVEN USING THEIR LANGUAGE!

AREN'T I JUST DOING THE NARRATOR'S JOB AT THIS POINT!?

"How overdramatic, we're simply going out to eat, that's all." Kaguya responded calmly.

"I'll let the teachers be the judge of that." President rebutted.

Bro's a d1 snitch...

"However, if you're that eager to go..."

Oh?

"I'll make a humble request to the teachers to let this slide, just for you." President spoke, with no regard for his lost dignity.

"I care not, it's true love! I don't mind even being expelled!" Kaguya said, with also no regard for her lost dignity.