𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗦𝗢𝗗𝗘 𝗢𝗡𝗘

PART ONE
WHEN YOU'RE LOST IN THE DARKNESS

A DOOR OPENS to the small room, a boy sat on the ground staring at the outside— which was partially in ruins, he leaned his back against the wall as he continued staring.

but he turns his head when he hears the door open, his brows furrowed as he saw a woman walk in, then he rolled his eyes as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

standing up he kicks the tray towards a wall, causing a loud clank sound to be heard as the plate shattered. he clenched his fists, visibly angry.

the lady sighs since this was a usual thing, "count slowly and clearly from one to 10." she tells the young boy.

"one, two, there--"

"slowly..and clearly." the lady reminds him. this only seems to agitate the young boy more as he stood there with his fists still clenched.

"one. two. three. four. five. six. seven. eight, nine, fuck you." the boy scowls as he raises his middle finger up towards the woman.

"and hold out your--" when the boy holds out his hand, the woman pauses and then counts his fingers before nodding. "state your name, slowly and clearly."

"chloé misha méndez." he says while glaring at the woman, the young boys accent begins to poke through along with his irritation. "i'm starting to get tired of this."

the woman doesn't say anything and turns around, walking away. the boy—misha—clenched his fists angrily, glaring at her.

"hey, do you not know people will come looking for me and my friend?" misha questioned her. "people from FEDRA, you hear? let me the fuck out!"

the door slams shut.

"we're not supposed to be here!" misha shouted, but he hears them walk further down the hall which makes him grab the tray and throw it at the door once again, causing the tray to smash to pieces.

he then makes his way back towards the wall as he sits down, looking at the bandage that was wrapped around his left arm, hiding his bite mark.

𝜗𝜚˚⋆

misha was now laid down on the ground with his eyes facing towards the wall, his back facing the door as he held his mother's locket in his hands.

he still had on his watch also, which was his fathers. he had lost both of them— he didn't even really know his mother or father.

marlene opens the door to the room, misha didn't have to turn around to tell who it was. he wondered if ellie was okay, she was his best friend after all.

marlene throws misha his backpack, when it slides across the floor and presses against his hip he sat up immediately and rummaged through it.

he grabbed his knife and turned towards marlene who sat next to him, he clenched his jaw and stared, squeezing the hilt of the blade tightly.

the two were silent for a while.

"if you are not scared of me. unlock me. me and my friend." misha demanded.