Chapter 1 - A New Chapter

Hazel

Hazel walked into the park and slouched on the wall, quietly pulling her cap over her eyes. However, underneath her peacefulness, bitterness and quietness, she really wanted a friend. She was new to her current school, Saint Salaskia and she felt really lonely. Although she was normally lonesome, she felt different this time. Hazel paced around the clearing, her head held high for any major activities. But her surroundings were dead quiet and not a movement could be heard.

Hazel sighed as she trudged through the hallway and slowly made her way to the classroom. Her feet trod lightly on the narrow corridor and she quietly opened the creaking door. A teacher was standing before her and gestured to her to come in. Raising his voice, he commanded everyone to take their seats and grab a piece of paper from the middle of the desk. The whole class moaned as he announced a surprise test, but Hazel followed perfectly and laid her eyes on the sheet determined, when the teacher boomed "Start!"

Surprisingly, the test was as easy as a child's play and she whizzed through it in no time. She also noticed that a couple of other students raised their heads a few milliseconds after her, their faces looking determined.

Finally, a familiar sound rang through the school grounds. The teacher commanded everyone to slowly make their way to lunch. Hazel made her way to a small bench and rested her head against the bench. Suddenly, darkness crowded around her.

A jolt of movement shook Hazel awake suddenly and glanced to see a tall girl raising her fists at a plump girl. The 15 year old girl started to charge towards the victim furiously and punched her in the guts. Hazel gulped and slowly backed away until she bumped into another tall figure.