Chapter 5 - Test Troubles

Hazel

The next day in class, Hazel found herself sitting next to Edaline's 2nd best friend, Elsa Rahimi, and she was delighted to have such a great seat.

"Hi," Elsa meeped quietly to Hazel, smiling.

Hazel returned the smile and soon, they both became so engrossed in their conversation that when Ms Loxton started the lesson, they got scolded for talking. "Don't talk again.". Neither of them cared about getting a three word scolding by the nicest teacher in the school, but they didn't talk anymore.

"Surprise test!" exclaimed the teacher promptly. Everyone groaned wearily but Elsa nodded to Hazel confidently. The class waited for their papers and soon, Ms Loxton had handed out a paper to each student. "Now, I want you to finish the test within twenty minutes. Your time starts now!"

Hazel easily whizzed through the test, and soon she had finished reviewing and started doing little doodles at the back of the paper. Elsa immediately followed and smiled when she was content with her work.

The two friends started flashing glances at each other and when the bell chimed loudly, they both excitedly talked with each other and started finishing their conversation at the school bus shelter. They gleefully chatted about their interests and soon, Edaline and Amber joined the conversation. Unfortunately, Hazel's bus was third , so she left early. She waved to her friends and sat on the bus.