Chapter 7 - Detention Again

Carnelian

Carnelian grumpily stomped into the detention room right after the bell ran for lunch. Hazel was already sitting there with crossed arms. Unfortunately, today the teacher hosting the detention was the meanest, strictest teacher in the entire school. Mr Steel handed out some worksheets for Carnelian, Hazel, and the two-eye-coloured girl. Despite the cruelty of the teacher, none of the three cared.

Julia, the girl with two eye colours, raised her hand and said the most unbelievable thing Hazel had ever heard. "Well, Mr Steel, that blue-eyed girl who's half blind is the reason why I'm here. You should really let me go and make her have double detention."

Hazel crossed her fingers and hoped that Mr Steel wouldn't do that. The teacher grunted "Don't care, never will. Anyways, Hazel, did you do anything?" questioned Mr Steel, nicer than usual.

"No!" Hazel interjected speedily, twiddling her thumbs.

"Of course you would say that. Whatever. I don't care," he spat. Hazel and Carnelian both snickered. Julia just stared on with the usual bored face and rolled her eyes again. Finally, they snapped their heads to look at the worksheets.

After a few minutes, the girls immediately looked up to see the plump teacher striding in and snatching the worksheets off each of the girl's tables. Skimming through it, his frown increased as he realised all of the girls got exceptionally well. "I expect you to get 100% next time! If you don't get 100%, TRIPLE DETENTION!" He bellowed, glaring at the three girls. 

They just scoffed and marched out of the detention room.