Chapter 18-The trap

Hazel

"Well," said Amber, getting up, "It's time for the trap!"

Hazel grumpily stood up, and looked towards the thin cat, Assassin.

"So how about we first get Assassin outside into Hazel's yard, as that's where Chestnut disappeared, leave her there for the night, but we'll have security cameras we can check on, and also a few members will be hiding in the stables, especially you Carnelian. We're gonna need you to fight," Eveleigh stated.

"Well, come on, Hazel! Get Assassin up!" said Amber rather impatiently, pushing Hazel lightly.

"Well, haven't you ever heard of the phrase, easier said than done?" Hazel shot back.

"Assassin can mostly take care of herself, she's pretty dangerous," Carnelian added.

"Well, that's kinda good, I guess," Amber piped.

"I highly doubt this is going to work," breathed Naomi but no one seemed to hear her and if they did, they ignored the unnecessary phrase.

"The security cams are extremely useless," assured Car.

"Well it's just in case one of us falls asleep." Hazel suggested.

"Hazel, we all know you're the only one that's going to fall asleep at this point. You might as well just not help but get Assassin to your backyard. After all, by the time we catch the culprit, and maybe end up on the news, you'd only be eating breakfast." Julia said, and of course rolled her eyes.

"Rude." Hazel scowled under her breath.

As the team scrambled out of the house, and Car led Assassin without holding her, everyone discussed the plan once again. Soon enough, they were all at Hazel's house, and placed Assassin in the backyard. The gang quickly got comfortable in their new spying spots on either side of the stable.