"Shattered Peace"

Ben's POV

Once all three men left for work, Ella, Kian, Lucas, and I got ready as Rosalia had promised to take us out for a fun day. Just as we were about to leave, I received a call from Marco. He reminded me about our date tonight, and my excitement soared. I knew I needed to shop for something special, so I was all in for the day ahead.

Our first stop was the mall. We did plenty of shopping, and I finally picked out an outfit I had wanted for a long time. While Ella and Kian went to the shoe section, Rosalia checked out some makeup, and Lucas came over to me. He asked how I was doing and how Marco was treating me. I told him everything was good, even though it had been hard. I didn't mention the recent incident.

Lucas then told me he cared for me like a brother, reminding him of his brother he lost three years ago. Hearing this made me sad, and I decided to give him a hug. Soon after, everyone regrouped. We ate some food, did more shopping, and finally headed back. Rosalia insisted on paying for everything, not letting us spend a penny.

On the way home, we dropped Ella, Kian, and Lucas off. Rosalia and I continued our journey. She asked how I was doing, and I reassured her that I was fine. She apologized for what Marco had done, but I told her it was okay. She then wished me good luck for the date, and we both laughed.

Once we got home, I headed to my room to get ready. Ms. Agatha brought me a coffee, and we chatted while she helped me prepare. I received a text from Marco saying he was on his way to pick me up for our date. Nerves hit me hard, knowing I was about to go out with the business tycoon Marco Valentino. This was our first actual date since he confessed his feelings for me. Though I hadn't accepted his feelings yet, I felt safe with him.

Lost in my thoughts, Marco called, asking me to come down. I took a deep breath, ready for our date. I walked down the stairs to find Marco standing there in a suit, holding flowers, his aura commanding and powerful.

 I walked down the stairs to find Marco standing there in a suit, holding flowers, his aura commanding and powerful

Marco's POV

I watched my kitten walking down the stairs, looking so cute, handsome, and perfect. As he reached the bottom, I handed him the bouquet and kissed him on his forehead. He smelled like heaven and chocolate. I hugged him tightly, and then we left for our date. I opened the car door for him, and he sat down gracefully. As I drove us to the place I had booked for our date, we made small talk. He told me about his day, what they did at the mall, and I shared a bit about the meeting. I didn't go into details about the mafia business since I planned to tell him later. I didn't want to hide anything from him.

We arrived at the Shangri-La Hotel, one of my favorite places. As we walked in, the receptionist stood there, clearly trying to flirt by adjusting her shirt and revealing more than necessary. I ignored her completely, holding my kitten's hand as we made our way to our table. I asked the receptionist to get the waiter and leave us alone. The waiter came and took our orders. Ben was so happy we were out for dinner, and I decided to let him choose what he liked.

We started talking. Ben asked me questions about my life, where I was born, my past relationships, and why I chose him. I answered honestly, telling him about the two people I had dated and my fair share of flings. I explained that I was born in Italy. When I asked him about his life, he told me he didn't remember his birth parents. He courageously shared his past, which I already knew. I held his hand tightly as he spoke, tears welling up in his eyes. I moved closer, hugged him, and kissed his forehead. He gave me a reassuring smile just as the food arrived.

While eating, he told me he liked Paris and Switzerland and always wanted to visit those places. We shared jokes and had a lot of fun. He held my hand throughout the entire date. For dessert, we had his favorite, lemon cheesecake. I paid the bill and gave the waiter a generous tip before we left the hotel.

As we reached the car, Ben was taking a picture when suddenly a bullet passed through his hand and then his leg. His phone dropped, and though he didn't cry out, he stood there, blood flowing, before collapsing. I ran to him, picking him up, and saw two men running away. I left them and called Liam and Enzo, asking them to come to the hotel quickly. I rushed Ben to the hospital, his voice weak as he told me he was in pain. I urged him to stay awake, but by the time we arrived at the hospital, he had closed his eyes. I carried him inside, screaming for the doctors to help. They quickly took him into the operation room.

I called my parents, telling them to come to the hospital immediately. Liam and Enzo called me from the hotel, saying they had the CCTV footage and were on their way to the hospital. Fear gripped me as I thought about what could happen to my kitten. I decided to call his friends and ask them to come as well, hoping for the best. I vowed to kill those bastards who hurt him.

Suddenly, my phone rang with an unknown number. I answered, and the voice on the other end was unmistakably Louis Fonsi's.

Author's note 

Hello, everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. It was intense to write, and I hope it brought out all the emotions I intended. I'm sorry for any delays in updates; life has been a bit hectic lately. As always, your feedback means the world to me. Please share, vote, and let me know your thoughts—both praise and constructive criticism are welcome. Thank you all for your incredible support, and stay tuned for more!