Chapter 2: Black Star

Aria

I get really bad nightmares. Every night I wake up screaming and thrashing around.  when they first started my aunt and uncle tried to calm me down, but I would just hurt them as I tried to push them away. They learned to just let me scream. The only person who could ever calm me down was Shane. 

He would wrap his arms around me so tight my movement was restricted. he knew he would get hurt doing this but he held me anyway. When I asked him why he said it was because he couldn't bear to see me in pain. slowly the nightmares became few and far apart, but when Shane left I had no one left to keep the nightmares away.

when i'm not having nightmares i don't dream. so today when i woke up i was surprised to been having a good dream. Well a memory...I was dreaming about one of the best days I ever had with Shane. 

I have always hated any after school activity's, especially dances. I never understood why people wanted to hang out in a crowded area in school AFTER school! What's the point in that? Shane knew how I felt about them but wanted to go to prom with me.  And when he looks at you with those beautiful pleading eyes you cant say no. But that didn't mean I couldn't bitch. 

Shane was so exited, he had lost a lot of weight and was truly exited to just spend a carefree night with me. His excitement almost made me excited to go....Almost. The day of prom I did what all the other girls do for prom. I got my nails done and painted jet black with purple accents, i got my purple streaks touched up and styled. I had my makeup done professionally and I put on my full length black dress that was still way to girl for my taste. 

He showed up looking so handsome in his suit. When he saw me  for the first time (my aunt and uncle insisted on the stair decent cliche) he looked like he got hit with a truck. When he recovered he said "I knew you were a girl!" I couldn't help busting out laughing. i ended up having to go back upstairs to fix my makeup because I laughed so hard that I cried. 

Eventually we left and we were singing along to the terrible music on the radio (which he loved ) on the way to prom. After a while I noticed that we weren't going towards the school. when I asked him where we were going he said" just to run a quick errand!" 10 minutes later we were parked beside a dark park. He had me place on a blindfold and guided me through a stone path. when he removed the blind fold I couldn't believe what I saw...

The park was glowing. Fairy lights hung from the trees and bushes and a beautiful floor had been placed down that looked like a galaxy. Black glowing stars hung from wires and a band stood on a Stage draped in glowing black stars. It took my breath away.

"Did you really think I would bring you somewhere you didn't want to be Aria?" he asked.

"You did this?" I asked completely ignoring his question.

"I did." he said smiling "your different from everybody else aria... In a sky of glowing stars your a beautiful black star. You are you and your amazing at it. I wanted tonight to be for you. My beautiful black star..." He pulled me close and kissed me softly. The band started to play this beautiful melody that almost sounded like a lullaby. " I wrote this song for you...But I cant sing so I hired them to..." He pulled me onto the galaxy dance floor and began to dance with me...very badly. 

"Black star, Black star

Forever you will be

A shining star, shining star

Be what ever you can be,

A rock star, rock star

You will always be

A black star, black star, black star...

Black star black star black star."

It was the best night of my life.  

I didn't know why I randomly dreamt about it 7 years later though, until I looked at the calendar.  it was  July 9th. Our anniversary.

I wiped my eyes and got out of bed. I had spent enough time thinking of the past. 

I went into my bathroom and turned the shower onto full blast  . I start taking off my pj top when there is 3  fast knocks on my front door. I sigh and pull my shirt back on.  hear the door open as I walk out into my kitchen and see Taylor walking in her arms full of stuff.

Taylor is the closest thing I can call to a best friend. Shes annoying and perky and the complete opposite of me. shes a beautiful blond barbie doll that every guy trips over.

"Morning sunshine! I thought I might have to pour a bucket of ice water on you head to get you up!" she said giving me a mischievous look.

"I was awake before you even got here!" I protested but she laughed.

"I got here about two hours ago! I went to go grab some stuff out of my car and came right back up!" she said gesturing to the bags she brought up.

I rolled my eyes" And why did you bring a ton of stuff to my apartment?" I asked even thought i want sure i wanted to know.

"Because we are going to the beach! And we are taking your car!" She handed me a cup of coffee and sat down at the bar in my kitchen. Its 99 degrees outside and the waves are crazy!" I glared at her " You know that you wanna surf! common!"

"Did you forget we both have work?" I said knowing she probably already handled it.

"Correction I have work! you volunteer so your schedule is already clear because you have no obligation! I on the other hand called Ben to cover my ship!" She said smiling. I groaned knowing that she was  not going to let me  out of this.

I go back into my bathroom and shower quickly. Then I bull on a black bikini with a crotchet back and a pair of shorts. I brush out my wet hair and let it do its own thing' knowing it will just be wet again anyway.

When I leave the bathroom I hear a voice I never thought I'd hear again coming from my living room, Shane's. I walk out and see him on my t.v screen. "Taylor... what are you watching?" I asked trying to sound normal.

"I'm watching Shane Dawson's new video! It's his coming out video" She wiped her eyes.

"Wait hes gay??" I asked completely shocked.

"No hes Bi-sexual. God I just want to give him a hug! His beautiful eyes are so sad!" she said returning her attention to the video. 

I stood behind the couch and watched him pour his heart out to the camera, crying a little myself. After everything we went through how could I have not known? He was always hurting but there was so many reasons that I though that he could be dealing with this...

Taylor and I went to the beach and surfed for hours. It Helped me clear my mind for a little bit, but I couldn't stop thinking about Shane. When I got back to my apartment i sat with my phone in my hand for hours. i wanted to call him but i didn't know what to say... I didn't know how he would feel if i called...i didn't think he would even pick up. If he wanted to talk to me through all of this he would have called me. He would have come over. He could have easily called my aunt and uncle who he is still in-contact with and gotten my info but didn't, so he doesn't want to talk to me.

But maybe I want to talk to him...

After hours of back and forth I texted him. And i held my breath waiting for his response...If he even sent one.