Chapter Twenty-Two: Pink Hair

Apparently there's a rumor that Daryl keeps a mermaid captive in his basement. 

That's what I heard people whispering to each other when it spread around town that he got arrested and is currently residing in the Mineral Town jail. He didn't keep me in his basement, but I hope with all my heart that there isn't an actual mermaid down there and that they actually investigate. Wait, mermaids are real?!?!! ... Anyway.

This morning I woke up to having a nightmare about Daryl. I suppose I'm going to have some trauma from now on from that incident with him. I do admit that I do feel comfort knowing he is in jail and behind bars where he can't do anything to hurt me or my cow. 

I'm just happy Rock revealed to me how Nami gave so much money to Skye, because if I hadn't known... 

She probably would have left the valley by now.

I'm so thankful I had a lot of money saved up to allow her to stay here. 

My mind keeps flashing to that suitcase she had packed yesterday. I wonder if she unpacked all that stuff already...? 

Earlier, I woke up around four in the morning, so I got all my farming chores done at a faster pace than usual. I had a lot on my mind, so I decided to go to the beach to clear my mind around six in the morning. There, I did see Nami. 

I felt relief when I saw her there. I guess, maybe... 

I do have some trauma at the thought of her leaving, too. I don't know. 

- Flashback - 

Nami was staring out at the ocean, her expression as stoic as ever. I walked up to her smiling. She then noticed me and let out a sigh, looking back out towards the ocean while averting my gaze. 

"Not the best time for a chat, but... do what you want. I guess."

I giggled. "Hello to you too," I sarcastically said in a playful tone and added, "I wasn't expecting you to be out here so early."

"Hn. ...How are you holding up since yesterday?" she asked me quietly, as she aloofly placed a hand on her side. 

I frowned and look downwards at the sand. "Well... I had a nightmare about him capturing me." I then forced my lips to form into a weak smile and let out a laugh. "I guess I have some trauma to work through, but... I'll be okay. I decided to come here though to clear my head for awhile this morning."

Nami still wouldn't look at me, she seemed to be thinking very intently about something. "Hn..."

"Thanks again, for...everything yesterday. I'm sorry I didn't mean to worry you," I softly say as I look down while placing a hand onto my heart, sadness lingering in my voice. 

Nami was quiet for about one minute until she finally responded. "I'm just glad you're okay."