Part 6

The next morning, Raizada family gathers around the breakfast table. Khushi sits beside Lavanya, feeling a mix of curiosity and unease. Arnav is at the head of the table, his gaze occasionally flicking towards Khushi, trying to understand her presence in their home, the tension was palpable.

Anjali (trying to lighten the mood): Good morning, everyone. I hope you all slept well.

Khushi (nodding politely): Good morning.

Arnav (glancing at Khushi): Good morning, Di. It was... an eventful night.

Lavanya (sensing the awkwardness): Let's just forget about last night. Khushi, what would you like for breakfast?

Khushi (smiling faintly): Anything is fine, Lavanya.

Dadi (to Arnav): So, Chote, why didn't you tell us you were coming back early?

Arnav (sipping his coffee): It was a last-minute decision. I didn't want to disturb anyone.

Arnav watched Khushi carefully, still trying to decipher. His mind was filled with questions, but for now, he decided to play along and see how things unfolded.

Akash: Good morning, everyone.

Anjali: Akash, Payal, you both came in late last night? Is everything alright?

Payal: Di, we were tied up with work. You know how it gets right before a major launch—chaotic and demanding. (She pouted and offers a tired smile.)

Anjali: Yes, I understand. My entire family is so deeply dedicated to their work. Chote and you both handle the company exceptionally well. I’m incredibly proud of all of you.

Akash: (exchanging a knowing glance with Arnav) Thanks, Di. When will Jijaji be back?

Anjali: He’s just as work-focused as the three of you. He said it’ll take a few more days to wrap up the case he’s working on.

Akash: (nodded and turned to Arnav) Bhai, how did the meeting in Mumbai go?

Arnav: (with a confident tone) The clients were satisfied, and we discussed potential collaboration on a new project. If it materializes, it could significantly elevate AR’s portfolio.

Payal glanced at Khushi, a hint of confusion in her eyes

Anjali: (noticing Payal’s curiosity) Oh, Payal, let me introduce you. This is Khushi, Lavanya’s friend.

Payal: (glancing at Lavanya with mild curiosity) Lav, you didn’t mention we’d be having a guest.

Lavanya: (playfully) Oh, Bhabhi, you and Bhaiya have been so swamped with work that I forgot to mention it. Khushi, this is my brother Akash and his wife, Payal. They’re usually buried in work, but they finally managed to join us for breakfast.

Khushi: (smiling politely) Hi, nice to meet you.

Payal: (nodding warmly) Nice to meet you too, Khushi.

Akash: (with a slight grin) Lavanya keeps us updated on her friends, but this is our first time meeting you.

Payal: Akash, It’s actually our fault. We’ve been so caught up in our work that we haven’t had a proper chat with Lavanya in ages. But all the effort has paid off—AR has just been declared as the leading luxury brand in the industry.

Khushi: (frowning slightly, her confusion evident) AR?

Lavanya: (noticing Khushi’s confusion, quickly whispers) Remember, Khushi, I mentioned that you joined AR before. But Bhaiya and Bhabhi were on vacation at that time, so they didn’t get a chance to meet you.