Part 2

Khushi was sleeping peacefully when Lavanya entered the room. She sat in the chair beside the bed, holding Khushi's hand, while her tears started flowing.

Lavanya (crying): I'm sorry... It had to be me in your place, but... (sniffing) I'm sorry, Khushi. This all happened because of me. It's all my fault. Please, forgive me. I promise I'll help you regain your memory, and if you still don't remember anything, I'll always be there to help you make new memories.

Khushi started murmuring in her sleep, "No, please don't leave me alone..."

Lavanya became alert and listened to her saying, "don't leave me alone..." She wondered to whom Khushi was mentioning not to leave. She then saw Khushi sleeping like before and sighed. She took her mobile and called someone.

Lavanya: Hello...

Person from the other side: Hello... Ji kaun? (Who's this?)

Lavanya: Ramu kaka, it's me, Lavanya. Where's everyone?

Ramu kaka: Lavanya bitiya, everyone has gone to attend a marriage.

Lavanya: Oh yes. When they come back, tell them I will be staying with my friend tonight, and I will bring her home tomorrow morning.

Ramu kaka: Theek hai bitiya. (Okay, dear.)

After informing, Lavanya kept her mobile on the side table and again watched Khushi sleeping peacefully due to the effects of medicine. She sighed and closed her eyes to get some sleep herself, which seemed to be impossible. Whenever she closed her eyes, she saw the image of Khushi screaming and her face full of blood. She gulped some water and slept after a lot of struggle in the same sitting position.

.......................................

Next Morning

Khushi woke up from her deep sleep. The first thing she saw was Lavanya sleeping in a chair. She blinked her eyes and sat on the bed, then slowly tried to get up from it. During this process, a glass fell from the table which she held for support. The loud sound of breaking glass made Lavanya get up instantly.

Lavanya (worriedly): Khushi, what happened? Why are you standing? Do you need something? (She held Khushi's hand and made her sit in the chair.)

Khushi: Nothing, Lavanyaji. I'm fine. I just felt like I hadn't stood up in a long time, and that's why I lost balance.

Lavanya: One week.

Khushi: Ji...? (What...?)

Lavanya: You've been unconscious for one week.

Khushi heard it shockingly and didn't know where to start, but she had to ask to know about herself.

Khushi: Lavanyaji... ummm... where did we meet? I mean, what do you know about me other than my name? And how did all this happen to me?

Lavanya knew that Khushi would ask these questions and was prepared to answer, noting to herself "NOT TO DEPRESS KHUSHI." She started softly.

Lavanya: First of all, it's "Lavanya," not "Lavanyaji." You used to call me by that name.

Khushi smiled, and Lavanya thought about the incident when she first called her name without adding "ji" and the same was her last scream before the accident. Lavanya sadly sighed, then took another chair, sat beside her, holding Khushi's hands.

Lavanya: Don't worry. I'll tell you whatever I know about you, okay?

Khushi: Okay, Lavanya.

Lavanya: That's better. So listen... *Fake story created by Lavanya* As you know, your name is Khushi. You finished your fashion course and were searching for a job. You came for an interview in my brother's office where I was also joining newly. So, you were selected, and we both met there and became friends.