Chapter 37

This city was different from the border towns they had visited before.

Before even entering the city, the bustling noise of people penetrated the walls.

Li Hai gazed at the tall city gate, her eyes falling on the taller figure in front of the horse. This person was somewhat different from what she had imagined.

Once inside the city, she would have no reason to follow the two anymore.

But she had yet to find this person's weakness.    (TN: Her weakness? It's me 😂)

It was the afternoon, and the street vendors in the city were gradually preparing to close up and go home. People were coming and going at the city gate, while Wen Wuning and Lan Fei'er were entering against the flow.

The bustling crowd, with the happiness and contentment of returning home, made Lan Fei'er feel a bit dazed. She seemed to be back at the school gate after classes during her school days.

Around her, classmates in uniforms were walking together, talking and laughing.

She stood in the crowd with her backpack, feeling lost.

They were going home, but she didn't know where to go.

In a moment of distraction, Lan Fei'er was swallowed by the crowd, and the person and horse beside her had disappeared among the surging heads.

Lan Fei'er panicked and quickly pushed through the crowd. The exclamations around her went unheard as her eyes focused only on the person who turned back in surprise ahead.

She had caught up to her.

For a moment, something seemed to churn in Lan Fei'er's chest.

The person in front of her was apologizing to those around for her.

"Senior Sister..."

"What?" Wen Wuning turned her ear towards her in the noisy surroundings, noticing Lan Fei'er's uneasy expression and asked, "What's wrong?"

Lan Fei'er stared at the face close at hand, her gaze cutting across every inch of skin like a knife, finally resting on her delicate and indifferent eyebrows, drawing a conclusion.

Actually, besides being good-looking, this person had nothing special. She was just another ordinary female lead, essentially a dull and boring woman. Her occasional softness was even infuriating. Lan Fei'er slowly let go of her hand.

But just as the warmth in her hand was about to disappear, she suddenly tightened her grip.

Her eyes swelled as if something was about to burst out.

"Junior Sister?" They were currently stuck at the city gate. Wen Wuning lowered her head and said, "Let's go inside first."

Li Hai, on the tall horse, looked at Lan Fei'er, a hint of a meaningful smile in her eyes. Although Wen Wuning didn't hear what Lan Fei'er said just now, she did. Nothing in her dungeon escaped her eyes and ears.

What a little demon.

Looking up at the gradually appearing sky at the city gate, she smiled slightly. It was quite interesting; staying a bit longer wouldn't hurt.

Although she already knew how to deal with Wen Wuning.

After entering the city, Wen Wuning looked around, intending to find a quiet place to rest. Suddenly, the crowd became agitated.

"Oh dear! Why has it started raining all of a sudden..."

"I didn't bring my raincoat when I went out today, now I'm going to be drenched..."