Mommy issues

Mary is sitting in her living room, swiping left and right on Tinder's profiles, hoping that she ends up matching with someone.
Mary : Left, left, left,left......left.
More than 300 million people live in this country, yet no one can meet my needs ?
But wait, who's that? She's an absolute babe.
Swipe right. Let's hope that we match.
Mary then closed her phone and closed her eyes to sleep until someone interrupted her peace by ringing the bell of her door. She tried to ignore the ringing but she couldn't, it was so loud and pervasive to ignore.
Mary got up and went to open the door.
Mary : I'm coming. Stop ringing. *opens the door*
You ? Why didn't I expect that ?
Mary's dad : Why aren't you responding to my texts ?
Mary : I was busy.
Mary's dad : Busy with what ? You don't even work. All you do is go on dates with men so they can pay your meal. Your whole life is lunch with Joe, dinner with Charli and rinse repeat.
Mary : And don't forget a drink with a random man in the bar that I go to.
Mary's dad : I always told you that if you're gonna major in acting, be ready to be jobless.
Mary : Is that what you came here for ? To blame me for my choices ? Well, if there is someone to blame for the choices they made, it'd be you.
Mary's dad : I want you to be better than me. I came here to tell you that your mother wants to see you.
Mary : How are you still in touch with her ? She left me for a man. Knowing that you were alcoholic and weren't able to take care of a child. And on top of that, she didn't visit me nor call me. I was 11 at that time, and I desperately needed her in my life, yet she was never around.
Mary's dad : But she's in jail now. You should put all of this aside. She is your mother, after all.
Mary : No. Tell her that I'm not gonna visit her in jail. It's not my fault that she got caught stealing her mother in law's jewlery after she pushed her down the stairs and put her into a coma.
Mary's dad : I can't defend her after what she made you feel as a child, but-
Mary : Someone is coming over soon. Make sure to close the door after you leave.
Mary's dad left Mary's apartment, sorry for the pain that his daughter will forever suffer from.
_______________________________________

Mary : You said you wanted to meet me.
Mary's mom : You grew up so much. You look a lot like-
Mary : You ? Yeah, I get that a lot. You grew up, too. But you're still as manipulative and greedy.
Mary's mom : What makes you think that ?
Mary : You left me and your husband for a rich man.
Mary's mom : I didn't leave only because of money. Your dad was emotionally absent and sexually absent after he lost his job. He didn't abuse me or beat me. He always respected me and you. But he was never sober. I found myself a mom, working and doing house chores all by myself at 25. Your dad didn't help me by being unavailable. I tried talking to him, but he was always drunk. And Mathew offered me the affection and stability that I needed and was looking for in your father. But I had to give up being present in your life in order to get what I want.
Mary : Why ? You could divorce him and sue for full custody.
Mary's mom : Mathew was completely okay. But his mom wasn't. And we wanted to convince her that I'm a good choice or else she's gonna stop giving him money to make our lives harder.
Mary : I don't care. This is the last time you'll see me. I don't think you're gonna leave jail anytime soon. Attempted murder and stealing jewlery is A LOT. And I don't plan on visiting you.
Mary left without looking behind her.
Her phone rang, it's her friend Danny.
She picked up the phone.
Danny : Where are you ? I have very nice news for you.
Mary : I'm on my way to a new bar that just opened. Wanna join ?
Danny : Send me the location.
_______________________________________

Mary : Hi. Can I get a sample of the tequila and a sample of the vodka ?
Bar tender : We don't do samples.
Mary : Are you serious ?
Danny entered the bar, looking for Mary with his eyes. And when he saw her, he waved and called her loudly so she would notice him.
Danny : MARY.
Mary noticed him and called him over.
Mary : Hey, how are you ?
Danny : Good. Unlike you.
Mary : What are you saying ?
Danny : You don't come to bars unless you're absolutely broken.
Mary : HAHAHAHAHA.
What are the news ?
Danny : The agency that I work with are opening an audition. I talked to you about my boss and he asked to see you in private.
Mary : I'd like to attend the audition like anybody else. Your boss is vicious.
Danny : What do you mean ?
Mary : He sounds like the kind of men that will pull his dick out for me to suck to pass the audition. I'm not meeting his ass in private. Is that clear ?
Danny : Yeah.
Mary : Be honest. Do you think I'm gonna be fitting for the role ?
Danny : It's a very complicated character. It's about a girl that gets revenge on her rapist by dating him.
Mary : If this story romantosizes rape, don't ask me to promote it. As a surviver myself.
Danny : You misunderstood the whole thing. When you pass the two auditions, you'll meet the director and you're gonna talk to her about the character. It's a main character.
Mary : If it's such an important character, why don't they cast an already famous actor.
Danny : They're looking for new faces. Also, the movie is kind of low budget.
But the story is fire.
Mary : What if they don't end up paying me.
Danny : There is no way this is going to happen. My entertainment agency is gonna be the one to produce it. Plus the director is really dedicated and sincere and professionally. I promise.
Mary : We'll see about that.
_______________________________________

Danny got a little tired and Mary got a little drunk. So he took her home.
And while taking her clothes and makeup off, ready to go to bed, she got a notification from tinder. She matched with the girl she swiped right on this noon.
Mary with a slightly drunk voice : Can't belive that this absolute hottie swiped right on me. It's been a while since I matched with someone.
Mary decided to send her a message.
Mary : Good evening.
After 5 minutes, the girl replied to Mary's text saying : Hi. How are you ?
Mary : Good......I guess. What about you ?
The girl : A little tired. I worked like a dog today.
Mary : Before starting the conversation. Are you looking for a relationship or a casual hookup ?
Cuz it's not indicated in your bio.
The girl : Idk. I'm down for whatever. But I don't really like casual sex though. I don't sleep with someone I don't know. Well at least, I've never done it before. What about you ?
Mary : Same. My hoe phase is kinda over.
By the way, is your name actually Ink ?
Ink : Yeah.
Mary : Such a unique yet beautiful name.
Ink : Thanks. I get that a lot. Wanna go on a date tomorrow ?
Mary : That escalated quickly.
Ink : Are you uncomfortable ? I just wanted to meet in person. It's not actually a date. We can go grab some coffee, or I can buy you a drink where we can talk about our expectations and whether we're gonna move our relationship further. I don't like texting, personally.
Mary : Totally agree. But tomorrow I have an audition. We can meet at 7 pm if you're available at that time.
Ink : Sounds good 👍.