Plot twist pt. 2

By 10 a.m., Mary had already mastered the couple of sentences that she has to deliver later.
Danny : Are you ready ?
Mary : Yes. Take me to the audition, please.
Danny : Are you mad ?
Mary : Sometimes I need reminders that I'm not Jesus.
_______________________________________

Danny dropped Mary to her destination and went off.
Mary : Where are you going ?
Danny : Sleep. I have only slept for 1 hour and a half for the last 2 days.
Mary : How am I gonna get home ?
Danny : Have you heard of the taxis ?
Plus, isn't the director your girlfriend ? She can take you home if she wants to.
Mary : Okay, bye. When are we gonna be meeting ?
Danny : I don't know. Probably on the set of filming.
Mary nodded and went inside the building. She looked confident, yet they'd like to believe that she's nervous and she's just playing a character. Very well, actually. That's a point right here !
As soon as Mary stepped on stage, all eyes were on her. As much as they were sick and tired from having all these auditions and they just wanna start filming, they were so excited to see her performance once again. It was so entertaining and fascinating the last time. It challenged the human nature of the body language. And they fucking loved every second of it.
Ink : Show us what you got.
_______________________________________

After the audition ended.
Ink : Good. We're gonna contact you later.
Dylan : Or Danny.
Mary left the room with an angry expression on her face. She hates having to constantly prove herself. Prove that she's worthy of a job or someone's trust or even respect and friendship.
Dylan : Good ? Did you just describe her as good ? TO HER FACE ?
Ink : I don't give gratitude and respect and appreciation on a silver platter. And she obviously doesn't like that. So we gotta put her in her place from time to time. No matter how talented or smart she might be.....she is nothing but a random imperfectly flawed human being.
Dylan : DAMN.
_______________________________________

It's 3 pm. Mary is lying on the couch of the living room, watching TV.
Her phone started ringing.
But she's not responding. She is not in the mood to talk to anyone.
But the sound was so annoying that she gave in.
Mary : Whaaaat ?
Ink : Why didn't you ask me to take you home ?
Mary : Because I didn't want to ?
Ink : Can I come over ?
Mary : Why is that ?
Ink : To talk.
Mary : Not in the mood.
Ink : You're gonna be in the mood when I come.
Mary : Do whatever you want.
Mary hang up the phone and threw it so carelessly far away from her so she can get a peaceful sleep. But somehow let the door open, so Ink can just come in.
_______________________________________

Ink arrived. Like usual, she is wearing super casual and comfy clothing. She's knocking on the door, but no one's answering. She tried opening the door, and luckily, it's unlocked.
She found Mary casually sleeping on the couch that is right next to the door.
Ink tapped gently on Mary's shoulders and arms, to wake her up.
Mary : What ? Hi.
Ink : Hi. Did you sleep well ?
Mary : I was, before you woke me up.
Ink : Why are you mad ?
Mary : I hate auditions.
Ink : Then don't be an actor. Actors and performers have to constantly prove themselves to people to get a job. And you always knew it......you're a fool.
Mary : No one has ever talked to me this way.
Ink : These last days I'm experiencing stuff that I never experienced before. Isn't that how life works ?
Mary : So.........we're good ?
Ink : Yeah no.
Mary : What do you mean ?
Ink : I didn't like the way you walked out of the studio. It was disrespectful.
Mary : I'm sorry about it. I really didn't mean to-
Ink : End of conversation.
Mary grabbed Ink's hands and said, with a puppy look in her eyes.
Mary : Don't leave. I need you.
_______________________________________

Mary woke up from her deep sleep, she threw her hand at Ink's spot, she's not there.
She got up and looked for her while calling her name repeatedly, but no one's home.
Her phone rang. She took a look at the name, it's Danny.
Danny : I've been calling you since morning. Where were you ?
Mary : But we were together this morning.......you took me to audition.
Danny : I need to come pick you up now. They already made their decision.
Mary : But I just auditioned, was it that fast ?
Danny : What ? You auditioned yesterday morning. What are you talking about ?
Mary : Wh..at ?
Danny : Now it's literally 6 pm. I've been calling you since today morning cuz they made their decision and they want to talk to you about the series and your character.
Mary could not comprehend the fact that she slept more than 24 hours in a row. Yet she still agreed with Danny without asking questions.
_______________________________________