Plot twist pt. 1

After the "date" ended, the two young women went their separate ways. But before that, when they were walking out of the bar laughing.
Mary : Hhhhhhh.
Ink : You're so fucking funny. My cheeks and stomach hurt from laughing.
Mary : I'm glad I saved the moment.
Ink : You can always charm people to get out of your problems. I'm jealous.
Mary : It doesn't always work, does it ?
Ink : Why is that ?
Mary got closer to Ink slowly, trying to seduce her in the hopes of getting laid tonight. And whispered in her ear : Because my future boss is still mad at me for being.....incompetent 😏.
Ink backed up and said : Whoooooa. Be careful who you are trying to seduce, buddy.
Mary : So you're not coming to my place ??
Ink : No. And now, good night.
Mary waved at Ink and went home.
She didn't stop thinking about Ink all the way to her house. She liked her perfectionist, professional, serious, know-it-all persona.
_______________________________________

It's 3 am. Danny is sleeping peacefully like a baby in his bed. He deserves a good rest after a very exhausting day at work yesterday. But sadly, the ending is not always happy. His boss Dylan called him.
It was a jumpscare for poor Danny, but he still picked up the phone, or else Dylan is gonna show up in his apartment.
Dylan : Where have you been ?
Danny : I worked 'til 1 am yesterday. Don't I deserve some rest ??
Dylan : Stop your whining and come right now.
Danny : Yesterday, I sat all night watching you work on your stupid movie, and every time I ask someone whether they need help or not, they say no. And now I should come to work ? Why ? You need jail time.
Dylan : You need to come right now. We need you. And don't forget to bring that girl.
Danny : What the fuck are you talking about ?
Dylan : That girl.....euhhh......Melanie Martinez.
Danny : Are you serious ? You want me to bring Melanie fucking Martinez. Are you out of your mind ? I thought you quit smoking weed.
Dylan : OH, shut up. I'm talking about that girl you brought to audition.
Danny : My job is to bring girls to audition. So which girl are you talking about ?
Dylan : You're such a moron. If I had your IQ, I'd sue my parents.
I'm talking about your friend. That one that messed up the audition.
Danny : Ohhhhhhh. You're talking about Mary Martinez.
Dylan : Yess. Bring her. We need to talk to her.
Danny : Was she accepted ?
Dylan : BRING HER AND STOP YAPPING.
Danny : I HATE YOU.
_______________________________________

Mary laying on her back. Sleeping so deeply to the point of snoring while her saliva is all over her mouth and the blanket is on the floor leaving her feet arctic.
Her phone rings, and it's Danny.
She woke up, looked at her phone to see who was calling, and went back to sleep.
Danny is calling her while driving.
Danny : Why the hell is she not responding ? The tune must wake her up. It's fucking scary.
A cop stopped Danny.
The cop : Hi, young man.
Danny knew he was in trouble, so he gulped and tried to make some jokes to lighten the atmosphere.
Danny : And who said I was young ? Maybe I'm just a millennial.
The cop ironically : haha. So funny. You were making a phone call while driving. That's illegal if you didn't know. And now you have to pay a fine.
Danny : What should I do for you to forgive me ?
The cop : If your reason for calling is good enough, I'm gonna let you go.
Danny : Look, I can't lie. I was on the phone with my friend because my boss wants to talk to her right now. And if I don't bring her in time, I'm gonna get fired. I don't have any time to waste, and you're not helping me.
The cop : You can go.
Danny : Really ?
The cop : Go before I change my mind.
Danny : Thank you so much, sir.
Have a nice day.
_______________________________________

Danny arrived at Mary's house. He started knocking on the door, but she wouldn't answer. So he tried to open it, and luckily, it's unlocked.
He went straight to her room and started shaking her body aggressively so she wakes up.
Mary : What is wrong with you ? How can you enter my room like that ? I could've been naked.
Danny : Don't worry, there is nothing to see.
Dylan, the producer. Called me today and told me to bring you to meet him.
Mary : Why ? Was I accepted ?
Danny : I don't know. Hurry up. We must be there by 6 am.
Mary said in an annoyed undertone : OH my God.
_______________________________________

Danny is driving her to his boss's office.
Danny : How did the date go ??
Mary : I gave her a rendezvous in a café that closed before the time of the rendezvous. Accidentally.
Danny : Well, that.......sucks.
Mary : But we spent the night at the local bar. It was great. She was such a perfect girl. She's pretty, and she knows everything. So much so that I felt insecure....just a little bit.
Danny looked at Mary and said : Did she come to your place ? Did you sex her ?
Mary : She doesn't like sleeping with someone she doesn't know very well.
Danny : Too bad.
Mary : It's fine, she'll come around.
Danny : And now, did you start officially dating ?
Mary : We're gonna hang out to get to know each other more. And then we'll decide whether to move the relationship further or not.
Danny : Do you think what happened last night will have an impact on her decision on whether to hire you or not ?
Mary : I don't really think so. She is so rational and professional to let her personal life impact her image as a director.
Danny : Good.
_______________________________________

Danny and Mary arrived at the office of Dylan.
They opened the door, and it was Ink sitting in Dylan's chair.
Ink : Hi.
Mary smiled and blushed then said : OH. Hi.
Ink : Danny. Can you please leave us alone for a bit ?
Danny nodded and then left the office.
Ink : You can sit down.
Mary : I hope there is nothing wrong.
Ink : First. I just wanna tell you that our date had nothing to do with the decision I made. It was all from a purely professional perspective. Second, I'm not the only one who made the decision. There is a whole team that discusses things like this, and we can't hire or reject anyone unless we come to an agreement.
Mary : And.......
Ink : You are accepted.
Mary jumped out of her chair and screamed out of happiness and excitement.
Mary : I'm gonna be the main character ?
Ink : We still don't know.
Mary : What do you mean ?
Ink : After a long discussion, we found that you were fitting for the profile that we are looking for. Some want you to play the main character, and some want you to play her lover.
So you have to make it through another audition to see which role is best fitting for you.
Mary's excitement immediately died down.
Mary : And when is gonna be the second audition ?
Ink : Today by 10 am.
Ink handed Mary the dialogue so she could master it by 10 am.
_______________________________________

Mary left the office furious.
Danny was listening to the whole conversation from behind the door.
Danny : Where are you going angry like that ?
Mary didn't respond and kept going, so he grabbed her arm.
Mary : WHAT ?
Danny : What is wrong with you ? Were you rejected ?
Mary : No. I have to pass another audition.
Danny : And what about it ?
Mary : So they can see and decide whether to give me the role of the main character or her lover.
Danny : Mary, shut up. You should be grateful that you got accepted in the 1st place despite all the errors that you made. Whether you're the main character or her lover, you're equally as important to the plot. Stop being a little brat and be wise. Or else no one is gonna hire you. Idiot.