32 - 𝘐𝘤𝘺 𝘣𝘭𝘶𝘦 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴

✦•┈๑⋯⋅𝓝𝓮𝔀𝓽⋯⋅๑┈•✦

"Take that back!"

"All I said was that I don't like cheese."

"That is a crime!" Thomas leaned back on the couch with an offended look.

He went on and on about how he thought it was unforgivable not to like cheese, which was fun because I knew he just wanted to have a conversation with me. He could talk about frogs and I would still listen. There's something in his voice that makes me calm. Calmest I've ever been.

"Did you go to Minho's?"

"Yeah."

In my opinion, there was no point for me to go there. He just kept on apologizing for the things he had done. but I wouldn't care as long as Mila would be happy with him. She's rarely ever happy and now that I know everything about her, it's hard to hold a grudge with the person who makes her feel anything but pain at this moment.

"What did he say?"

"They got back together."

"When were they not together?"

True. They might've denied it, but their eyes would never stop flickering whenever they saw each other. You can't say that you don't feel something for one when your pupils get the size of your whole eye whenever the one looks at you. Their love was always oblivious, even when she hated him, or even when he hurt her.

"Speaking of that, I'll go pick Mila up from work. wanna come with?"

He nodded and after five minutes we were sitting in my car.

The drive was silent, but not uncomfortable. I don't think anything is ever uncomfortable if he's with me. I looked at him from time to time, just to admire his face.

I remember the first time I saw him. the way his smile lit up the room—well at least my room.

I remember the jokes he cracked to lighten up the ruined mood he didn't ruin. I remember warmth in his eyes which hasn't changed till this day.

His appearance in my life felt like the sun finally breaking through the clouds. From that moment on, I knew he was special, that he was someone who could bring color into my world. And he did, in the ways I never thought was possible.

Loving him feels like breathing; it's all natural, effortless, and essential. He makes me feel things I never knew I could feel—joy, contentment, and an overwhelming sense of belonging. With him, I feel seen, understood, and accepted for who I am, flaws and all.

I don't know what he saw in me, but I'm glad he did. Because everything is better with him. Everything has been better since him.

"Newt, someone's calling you!" Thomas waved his hand in front of my face so I would snap out of my thoughts. "Why do you always have your phone on silent?"

I didn't answer him but the phone.
"Hello?"

"Am I speaking to Newt Isaacs?"

"Yes. Who is this?"

"It's Officer Kyler. Is Mila available today?"

"Yes, she is, for when?"

"As soon as possible, it's urgent."

"You found something?"

"Unfortunately I can't discuss anything over the phone." He hung up.

"Who was it?"

"Officer Kyler. I guess they found something."

He let out a small hum as he removed the seatbelt. "Can't we stop in there for a while? Coffee would do me good."

"Sorry Tommy, he said it was urgent. I'll just get her and be back okay?"

He nodded almost too quickly.
"Of course, don't be sorry for that."

I smiled at him and got out of the car.
As I entered the cafe, I saw a boy immediately approaching me with a worried look. "You're Mila's brother, aren't you?"

"Yes. When is her shift gonna end?"

"She hasn't been here after her break, I tried calling her but she won't answer. I called Gally and he said he hasn't seen her for days."

"Say what now?"

Immediate panic consumed me as I stormed out of the cafe, aggressively knocking on Thomas's side of the car and motioning for him to roll down the window.

"Everything okay?"

"Mila didn't go back after her break which was hours ago and she won't answer any of Alby's calls."

After I saw worry appear on his face I knew that it wasn't just me who was thinking about the worst.

"Did you try calling?"

I pulled out my phone, called her number, and impatiently waited for her to answer.

Endless beeps were filling my ears and panic was growing more at a time. Something wasn't right.

I ran down the street without a word, searching for even a silhouette of her.

I didn't have to walk much, it was just a few minutes until I stepped on something solid.

I picked up a phone, praying for it to be just lost and nothing else, but her camera app wasn't giving me much hope.

There was a picture of her face, clearly taken to figure out if someone was following her. Her face was full of worry and fear like she knew what was about to come.

Then I noticed. A man with a black hair and a hoodie, looking straight at a camera, with his icy blue eyes staring right into my soul.

Heeyy!

I was gonna write more in this chapter but it's almost 900 words so I'll keep it that way. Though next chapter is gonna be filled with lots and lots of new information so be aware))

I hope you enjoyed it despite the fact that nothing much happened. At least I got to write about how Newt feels about Thomas in this fanfic and I really wanted to write about that<3

Take care loves!!