• t h i r t y f o u r •

GRACE STOOD AROUND A TABLE WITH THE THREE MEN, LOOKING DOWN AT A MAP OF THE PENTAGON

"...It's a hundred feet deep, with only one access point..." Hank told them, moving his fingers across the map. "..Surrounded on all sides by the most heavily secured building in the world." Grace looked at the courtyard area. "The Pentagon was built in World War II when there was a shortage of steel, so the foundation is pure concrete, and sand, no metal. It's the perfect place to hold him."

"What's he in jail for this time?" Logan asked, changing the subject.

"He didn't tell you?" Xavier looked between Logan and Grace, who shook their heads. "You may have heard about a 'magic bullet' that killed a President in 1963."

"JFK.." Logan whispered.

"Wait, I thought JFK was the Winter Soldier?" Grace was confused.

"Ah, the super soldier?" Hank clicked his fingers, remembering the Winter Soldier. "I read a few reports on him."

Xavier shook his head. "What else would explain a bullet that curved in the air? Erik always had a way with guns." Logan and Grace stood there, processing what they learned. "You sure you want to break him out of there? We're talking about the most dangerous man in the world. I've seen the damage he can do."

"So have I." Grace took a second to remember Liberty Island. "But we don't have a choice. We need him to persuade Raven." Grace looked back to the map. "Now, how are we getting in there? We gotta blast through a hundred feet of concrete." Grace looked at Logan, who was thinking. "It's only the four of us."

"I knew a guy." Logan smiled. "Yeah, he'd be a young man now. Grew up outside of D.C." Logan chuckled. "He could get in anywhere. I just don't know how the hell we're gonna find him."

Grace slowly turned to Xavier. "Is Cerebro out of the question?" Xavier frowned at her. "If only you guys had the internet."

Hank and Xavier looked at Grace with confused looks on their faces. "What's 'internet'?" Grace sighed. "We have a phonebook."

***

After going through the phonebook for an hour or two, the four of them made it to outside of D.C. Grace pulled the car up outside of a house. The mailbox said 'Maximoff'. The four of them made their way to the front door. Logan knocked on the door.

A woman opened the door. She looked at the four mutants standing in front of her and sighed. "What's he done now?" Grace and Hank looked at each other. "I'll just write you a check for whatever he took."

"We just need to talk to him." Logan reassured her.

"Come in." She told them as they all walked into the living room, where a little girl was watching the TV. "Peter! The cops are here. Again."