• t h i r t y f i v e •

BACK AT THE MANSION, GRACE, HANK, LOGAN, ERIK, AND XAVIER SAT AROUND A TABLE, EATING DINNER. ERIK GULPED DOWN HIS FOOD, MID CONVERSATION.

While the five of them ate, they heard a noise coming from the kitchen. "Professor?" A voice called out. Logan and Grace jumped up, not sure who to expect. Grace manipulated a dagger while Logan's claws came out. The door opened, and a young guy walked in. He looked around the room, shocked to see Erik, but a smile plastered his face when he saw Xavier. "Professor!" He walked over to him, and Xavier stood up, hugging him.

"Grace, Logan, this is -"

"Alex Summers." Grace interrupted him. She had a small smile on her face, staring at him. She knew who he was from Scott's photo.

"That's right." Xavier slapped Alex on the back. "Alex, this is Grace and Logan. They're here to help us, from the future."

Alex started to laugh, but when no one else joined him, he stopped. He looked down at the folder in his hand. "This might have something to do with why they're here." He placed the folder on the table and opened it. "Raven gave it to me a couple of days ago." At the mention of Raven, Xavier, Erik, and Hank all looked at each other. "It's Angel, Emma, and Banshee."

Xavier looked through the photos of his old friends. They were all dead. "Trask." Grace spoke as she looked at Banshee's autopsy. "Where's Raven now?"

"We know she'll be at the summit, but she could be anyone there." Hank told them as Alex sat down at the table. "How do we find her?"

"She's coming for Trask." Logan reminded him. "We stay close to him. We'll be there when she makes her move."

Hank thought for a moment. "And then what?"

"Then we get out of there, and Logan and I go back to a future with no Sentinels, no war." Grace told him, with her mouth full.

Hank's face went red. "No, I mean, what happens to Raven?" Grace looked around at the three mutants from the past. "Where does she go?"

"That'll be up to her." Logan shrugged his shoulders.

Hank looked down at his plate. "She'll be safest here."

"And you think that's what she wants?" Erik contradicts him.

From the other side of the table, they heard Xavier speak. "It's what she needs."

Erik looked at him, remembering that familiar strident tone. "I can't begin to imagine why she left."

"She left because you got in her head, messed with her mind.~" Hank argued.