Bonding Time

K sat on top of the control panels in her landing pod while C leaned against the wall at the corner of the control panels and put his 3 fingers in his pants pocket while his thumbs were outside of the pockets.

"What now?" C asked, looking at K who was crossing her legs and using her claws as a toothpick.

"Hm?" K looked at the taller drone, her voice muffled.

"Don't ask me!" C said in his defense, pointing a finger at K to which it was just slapped away by her tail.

"I don't know either." She retorted, putting her claws always and crossing her arms over her chest, resting her elbows on her knees.

C sighed and rolled his eyes, looking at the side.

"Listen, I.. I haven't been around anyone for.. a while, alright?" He admitted, his voice lower and sad, and his tail dropped a bit.

K sat up straight again, furrowing her eyebrows in pity. She scooted to the edge of the control panels, dangling her legs over the edge and she put a hand on C's shoulder.

"I'm sorry that happened." K said softly, looking away from C but the intent was there.

An akward tension hung in the air while the two disassembly drones were being close but not quite. C finally looked at K first, his eyes scanning over her appearance. Nothing out of the ordinary except her purple hair. He slowly got his index finger and thumb and grabbed K's akward hand on his shoulder, dropping it and she just tucked her hands away, looking up at him. They blinked at eachother, the beeps the only sound in the landing pod.

"What's with the purple hair..?" C asked, his soft voice breaking the silence, looking at the ground and unknowingly mirrored K's arm position.

K pursed her lips, thinking about it.

"Well..." She started, dragging the word "I found hair dye in an abandoned building and decided to dye my grey hair. It won't fade in a few months, I suppose."

C nodded, looking at her hair again and at her eyes. K looked at C, her eyes turned hollowed for a second when she saw C was staring into her eyes and looked away before looking back again.

"What's your deal? Yknow, with the lone disassembly drone role and all?" K asked, cocking her head to the side.

"Uh... My squadmates and I, we were really close and when they told me to stay guard out in our landing pod, they... Never came back. I tracked their unmoving coordinates down and found them lying dead in the hallway of cabin fever labs. Those raptor things were about to kill me but I just quickly flew out of there and there you have it. Ta-da... Serial Designation C." He said unenthusiastically, doing jazz hands except it was also a boring version of it.

"Oh..." K said and nodded. She was about to say something when C interrupted her.

"Don't be sorry, alright? It's been a while like I told you." He shrugged.

Silence again before K interrupted the silence.

"I have board games. Want to play?"

C perked up a bit, still not smiling after so long.

"Board games? Those things where you move pieces around the boxes?" He asked and K nodded, smiling.

"You up for it? I promise it's fun." She said excitedly, bouncing up and down a bit when she stood on her two "feet" or peg legs according to Hiccup from HTTYD 2.

C looked at K for a moment before he stood upright and nodded.

"Alright. I'm game." He said in a less jaded voice.