Chapter No 5: Jumbo Breakfast Sandwich

Travis's POV:

It was the best morning of my life...

I woke up with Taylor softly snoring by my side, her head on my shoulder and her arms squished to her chest like she was diving off of the cliff.

I looked around the room and the sun rays were beaming through the curtains giving the room a golden glow.

My right arm was numb but I didn't mind. She could take all of me and I wouldn't mind...

I quietly looked at her features as my heart swelled up with love...

God... she was beautiful...

How many times was I going to say that in my head? I probably looked like a creep admiring her blonde messy hair and her tinted lips and nose. I held my breath as she softly stirred and adjusted her legs underneath the covers. I could feel one of her foot touch my leg.

I never imagined in my wildest dreams that I'd get to see her like this; all stripped down of the pretentious stuff I saw on the stage, bare face, morning hair, soft rosy skin and the natural color of her lips.

To be honest I had never seen her without red lips in my entire life...

Last night was too chaotic to focus on these things, but now that I knew she was better, I let my heart relax and enjoy the moment.

She was the simplest and most beautiful sight to see. And I freaking loved her natural lips.

She slowly moved and I held my breath again afraid to be caught looking at her. I closed my eyes and stayed still. I really didn't want to come off as a creep on our first day together.

I felt her move her head and readjust it on my shoulder. She was still asleep. I slowly opened my eyes and peeked down. Her eyes were closed so I relaxed that I hadn't been caught staring.

"You know... people usually don't stop breathing when they're asleep..." She suddenly said, "Unless they are awake and trying to act like they're asleep..." She said with her eyes still closed.

Crap! I was such a dumb head!

She had her head on my shoulder, of course she could feel me not breathing. She also knew I was staring at her.

I squeezed my eyes shut, ashamed of myself like I've never been before in my life.

"It's only been a few minutes..." I said defending the last drops of my honor.

She chuckled and opened her eyes slowly. My breath got caught in my throat again. Not in shame this time, but in awe.

She had the most beautiful bluest eyes I've ever seen...

Oh God... I was acting like I was seeing her for the first time... but in a way I was because I've never seen her like this before... this close, this raw, this tender.

She isn't a chicken!

My subconscious yelled inside my head.

"Hi..." I said shyly. My heart was squealing inside my chest but I acted like I was very calm.

"Hi," she murmured hiding her face from me. She got up and immediately started to pick the crust at the corner of her eyes. "I probably look like a mess right now..."

I frowned. Was she serious? "You look breathtakingly unreal right now..." I corrected her.

She gave a shy smile and started to run her hands on her hair trying to silk it down. The only thing that surprised me about her appearance was her hair. They were extremely curly and wavy. Not the usual silky and straight hair I saw whenever she was out in the public eye.