Chapter No 6: A Wrinkle in Time

Taylor's POV:

I reread the text until it was memorized in my subconscious mind.

I had waited for this moment for months. Ever since we broke up, I prayed that he would realize what he lost and come back to me. I prayed he would miss me just like I missed him. That he would realize he can't live without me and bend his life to be with me forever...

And now that he had finally texted, I felt this impending dread roaming over my head. Because now Travis had entered into my life...

Some part of me wished he hadn't reached out at all because it would make it easier for me to forget him completely. The only time he's not on my mind is when I'm with Travis. He makes me breathe easily and see life in a whole new perspective. It doesn't always have to be tough and complicated.

I stared at the text with millions of thoughts running in my head. Suddenly another notification popped up.

*I'm on my way! Hope you're packed cause we may be running a little late to the airport.*

It was a text from Travis.

It felt like his text restarted my heart because I immediately jumped on my feet and packed the rest of my stuff in a hurry.

I'll think about what to do with Joe's text later. I needed to land in Kansas City in time for the football game. I owed this much to Travis after everything he did for me...

*************

"It's amazing!" I faked my enthusiasm once again. It's become a part of my personality at this point. I wasn't totally unimpressed, it was an amazing house, but it was nothing new either.

"It's alright..." Travis replied looking around as the guards wheeled our suitcases inside the house. "I've had it for almost a decade now, it's getting quite boring. I might need to refurnish it." He said taking one of the bags from the guards.

Refurnishing sparked a thrill inside my soul. I loved furniture shopping! I would have been an interior decorator if I didn't turn out to be a singer.

"Can I come with you when you go shopping for furniture?" I asked out of excitement.

Travis quickly turned his head to glance at me and noticed the excitement on my face. "Of course," He said smiling. "You like furniture shopping?" He asked as we further walked into the living room.

"Yep," I replied a bit too quickly making him chuckle.

I realized it was the first real thing I told him about myself other than the usual, I'm a singer whose on tour.

"Well than let me show you my furniture collection." He said going into formal tour guide mode. We walked into the kitchen area which was big enough to fit at least 30 dinning people. I wasn't surprised, it was a mansion after all. "Here's my trusty friend couch potato. It's a couch in the shape of a potato." He said making me laugh at his comical change of tone. "I thought it'd fit best in the kitchen cause... well it's a potato." He clarified.

I jumped-sat on it. Testing it out by wiggling my hips. "It's quite comfy!" Surprisingly it was.

I saw him smile at me for a few seconds before he snapped back into guider mode, "Well... and then here we have a painting of a dog." He said gesturing at the wall behind him.

I swear this man was the funniest human being on earth. Everything he touched turned into happiness, fun and magic...

Joe's message didn't even cross my mind even once. Not as long as I was with Travis.

After the brief and hilarious touring of the house, Travis got ready to head to arrowhead stadium for his game day while I settled into his mansion.

I already told him that I was tired and I wanted to stay out of public's eye for a while that's why I couldn't come to his game. He completely understood and hooked me up with everything I needed to watch his game at home.