t h r e e - Summer 1995, SHIMLA

SUMMER 1995, SHIMLA ~

Akshara's eyes sparkled as she browsed through the bookshelves at the Shimla Library. Her fingers traced the spines of the books, searching for the perfect tale to transport her to another world. Suddenly, a gentle voice interrupted her reverie.

"Excuse me, but I think you dropped this."

Akshara turned to find a handsome young man, his eyes crinkling at the corners as he smiled. He held out a book, its cover adorned with a beautiful painting.

"Oh, thank you!" Akshara said as she took the book from him.

"I'm Rajveer," he said, his eyes never leaving hers.

"Akshara",nice to meet you, she replied.

"What brings you here?" Rajveer asked, his eyes sparkling with curiosity.

"I'm a writer," Akshara replied, her eyes lighting up. "I find inspiration in the stories within these walls."

Rajveer's eyes widened in awe. "A writer? That's amazing! I'm a soldier, but I have a passion for poetry."

They sat down at a nearby table, surrounded by the silence of the library. Rajveer pulled out a small notebook and began to read his poetry to Akshara.

"Your words are like stars, shining bright in the night sky," he read, his voice low but firm and clear.

Akshara listened, mesmerized by the beauty of his words.

As the sun began to set, casting a warm orange glow over the library, Rajveer closed his notebook, his eyes locked on Akshara's.

"I'm so glad I met you," he said, his voice filled with sincerity.

Akshara replied with a smile. "I feel the same way."

They walked out of the library together, the crisp Shimla air filling their lungs. Rajveer hailed a passing scooter rickshaw, its colorful tassels fluttering in the wind.

"Where to, sahab?" the driver asked, his turban tied neatly.

"Let's go to mall road, shall we?", Rajveer asked Akshara on which see nodded with a wide smile.

On which, "Take us to the Mall Road," Rajveer replied, helping Akshara aboard on scooter rickshaw.

At the Mall Road, they strolled, taking in the sights and sounds of the bustling street and having lots of chit chats.
They stopped at a street vendor, who sold them roasted chestnuts and sweet, jalebis.

"These are my favorite," Akshara said, enjoying her jalebis.

Rajveer's eyes sparkled admiring her. "Mine too!"

As the stars began to twinkle in the night sky, Rajveer walked Akshara to the bus stop. They stood together, the sound of honking horns and chattering crowds filling the air.

"I'll never forget this day," Rajveer said, his eyes shone bright.

Akshara's smile grew wider with spark in her eyes. "Nor will I."

He took her hand, his fingers intertwining with hers. "Will I see you again?"

Akshara smiled. "I'd like to see you again."

"You know, I heard the Shimla Book Fest is happening next month," Rajveer said, his eyes sparkling with excitement.

Akshara's eyes widened. "I've heard so much about it! I've always wanted to go."

"Then let's make a promise to meet there," Rajveer said, his voice filled with enthusiasm.

Akshara smiled . "I'd love to."

They sealed their promise with a handshake, their hands touching like the pages of a well-loved book.

"I'll find you in the poetry section," Rajveer said, his eyes crinkling at the corners.

Akshara smiled. "I'll be the one with a book in my hand and a smile on my face."

And with that, they bid each other farewell, the sound of the bus doors closing behind Akshara as she waved goodbye to Rajveer.

"Until the Shimla Book Feast," Rajveer whispered, his eyes shining with promise.

MUMBAI, 2005 ( present )

Akshara's eyes fluttered open, a soft smile still gracing her lips. She was back to the present sitting surrounded by his letters and memories of Rajveer.
Her thoughts had been vivid, she could almost smell the old books and Shimla's crisp air.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
This story is rollercoaster of all emotions, keep reading to know more🦋
~with love and regards, laysaawrites