The baby

The past 4 months have been horrible. I mean, I'm now 6 months pregnant with Tim's child, and it has been rough. My pregnancy hormones have been terrible. But my dad is throwing us a gender reveal party. Me and Tim decided not to figure out what to name that baby until we found out the gender.

The day of the gender reveal party came. Tim, Zeva, Tony, Sarah (Tim's sister), dad, Vance, Ducky, Palmer, Abby, and my friends were there, even granps (my dad's dad). Me and Tim were really excited to see what the gender would be. Everyone shared what they think about what the gender is. Then dad brought out the cake so me and Tim could find out the gender. Dad set it down on the table and handed a clear cup to Tim, and he took the cup. Me and Tim held the cup and put it in the cake to find out the gender. We pulled out the cup, and the cake was pink.
"We're having a girl!" Tim said.
Tim hugged me, and I hugged back.

The next day, I walked downstairs to the smell of breakfast and saw my grandpa making breakfast.
"What's ya doing gramps?" I asked, walking in the kitchen.
"Making you breakfast, and you should be off your feet, Missy." He said.
"I'll sit down." I said.
I went to the table and sat down when Tim came.
"Good Tim, you're in time for breakfast." Gramps said.
Tim sat down beside me.
"Have you thought of baby names yet?" He asked.
"Not yet." I said.
"I was thinking Lakely Rose." He said.
"That's a cute name, and aren't you supposed to be at work?" I said.
"I got the day off." He said.
"Okay." I said.
Gramps served us breakfast. Tim and I dug in.

Later that day, me and Tim are at the store getting things for our baby. I'm pushing the buggie as he picked out things. We got a lot of clothes, some infant toys, and sheets for the crib, which Tim ordered online along with a changing table. We also got a butt load of diapers and baby wipes. We're standing in line to check out.
"You didn't have to do this today." I said.
"Well. You needed to get out of the house." He said.
"True." I said.
A girl that I went to high school with who I hadn't seen in a year walked and saw me, and she was with her mom.
"LIerena?" She said.
I looked.
"Hey Lesley." I said.
She noticed my baby bump.
"Um." She said
Her mom nudged her.
"Be nice." Mrs. Daniels said.
"I heard you're having a little girl?" Mrs. Daniels said.
"Yes, ma'am." I said.
"You're pregnant?" Lesley asked.
"If you weren't busy getting drunk and answered your damn phone, you would know." I said.
She did say anything.
"Thank you." Mrs. Daniels said.
I'm friends with Lesley to make sure she stays out of trouble.
"No problem."I said.
She looks at Tim.
"You must be the baby daddy." Mrs. Daniels said.
"Yes, ma'am." He said.
"I thought I would be the one getting pregnant by an older dude." Lesley said.
"Me be having an older dude as my baby daddy is completely different than you ended up pregnant by an older dude. You would've been rapped, and I was actually willing to have sex." I said.
Lesley walked away.
"This is why I needed you to be her friend." Mrs. Daniels said.

After Mrs. Daniels walked away. Me and Tim got checked out, and we went home. Tim and I set up the closet in the spear room of my dad's house. Lakely was kicking.
"She kicking, isn't she?" He asked.
"Yep." I said.
"Let's get you in bed. I'll finish the nursery." He said.
"You don't have to. We can finish it tomorrow." I said.
"No, I don't have anything else to do." He said.
So he got me in bed and finished putting Lakely's clothes and toys in the nursery. Then he started to clean my room.
"Tim, you don't have to do this." I said.
"I'm helping you out. Your feet are most likely hurting. You're pregnant with my daughter. You're not going to have time to take care of yourself once Lakely is born. Let me just help you out." He said.
I started crying and he hugged me.
"I don't deserve you." I said through the tears.
"Yes, you do." He said.

After he cleaned up my room, he rubbed my feet. Then my dad pulled up in the drive. Once my dad came into the house, he came to my room and found Tim rubbing my feet.
"You take such good care of her." Dad said.
Tim smiled. Then dad left my room, closing my door. I soon fell asleep, so Tim covered me up and got into my bed. I turned over and snuggled up to him. He laid there watching me sleep. He kissed my forehead, and he fell asleep, too. We both slept till the next morning. Tim was the first to wake up, and he got dressed and went to work. I was still asleep.
Then gramps came and woke me up.
"Wake up, sweet girl." He said.
I woke up and stretched.
"What?" I asked.
"I made breakfast." He said.
I got up and went downstairs with him. I sat down at the table and he put a plate of food in front of me and I ate.

Nothing really happened over the next three months. Tim and dad got the nursery finished. But today was different. I was sitting in the living room with gramps talking, and I had contractions every ten minutes for the past hour.
"You're having contractions, aren't you?" He asked.
"Yeah." I said.
"How far apart?" He asked
"Ten minutes." I said.
"Come on." He said.
He got me to the car and called dad. While driving, he was on speaker.
"Hello?" dad said.
"She's having contractions. Im getting her to the hospital." gramps said.

We got to the hospital with Tim and dad getting there five minutes later. When the doctor came in, Tim was holding my hand.
"Are you ready?" the doctor asked.
"Yeah." I said.
He got ready, and I started pushing. I was pushing as hard as I could. I was pushing for three hours, and Lakely was born. I held her. I looked at Tim, and He smiled at me. I smiled back at him.
"She's beautiful." I said.
"Like you." He said.
He kissed my forehead.
"You did good, baby girl." dad said.
"Thanks, dad." I said.