Pink Hue and Hazel Eyes

If she'd be agreed to see the FBI psychiatrist like her boss had wanted, this was probably what the doctor  would have ordered.

     Jace's mind instantly went to that when she parked up in front of the Bachelors Moon Bed and Breakfast. The enormous two-story home, which had a spacious veranda and was surrounded by tall maple and cypress trees, was situated ten miles from the small Louisiana hamlet of Bachelor Moon.

    The sound of nothing but the workings of nature welcomed Jace as she parked and got out of her vehicle. A mild wind rustled through the branches as a bird sung from one of the trees. The website stated that the large pond on the side of the property was stocked with bass and catfish, and she could hear a faint splash coming from it somewhere in the distance.

    Indeed, this was precisely what the physician would have prescribed: a fortnight of solitude and contemplation centered solely on the most challenging aspect of choosing a bait. It seemed likely that she required a respite from the gloom that had characterized her existence for an extended period. She did, in fact, occasionally feel as though she had eaten an entire night of darkness.  Her arms were extended skyward. Road construction had added two hours to the normally nine-hour driving time from Leighn City to Bachelor Moon, Louisiana.

   She didn't like the concept of taking time off or having someone tell her what to do, and this vacation had been imposed upon her. She was aware, as an FBI profiler, that the serial killers she pursued were not people who went on vacations.

    Just then the front door of the home opened, and a woman stepped out onto the porch. She was dressed in a pink skirt, blazer, and  top. It's unlikely that pink was her favorite hue. A heart-shaped face framed by long black hair gave Jace a strange feeling in the pit of her stomach when she smiled a welcoming smile.

   "Hello," she said as she approached. "You must be Jace Wynsleigh Smith."
" Jace. You can call me Jace," she replied.

   Her beauty was not just striking, but it was a timeless beauty that didn't need much artifice or makeup when she got closer. From the first minute our eyes met, I felt as  she had me spellbound. Her features were elegant without being cold, and those hazel eyes truly suited her.

   "I'm Scarlett Carter, owner and operator of this place," she opened the front door wide to allow her inside.

   "I'll just show you around then take you up to your room," she said. I nodded, vaguely surprised by my instant attraction to her.

   "God! I couldn't remember the last time I'd felt anything for anyone

   "God! I couldn't remember the last time I'd felt anything for anyone. I already turned off this emotions a long time ago. Not here, not now," she muttered to herself.