Suspect

It was nine o'clock when Jace padded across the dining room

It was nine o'clock when Jace padded across the dining room. She was hoping to find some coffee even though she knew she was too late for breakfast. She had been tossing and turning until almost dawn because of the disturbing phone call from Scarlet.

The previous night's events had prevented her from falling asleep. The way the sheriff treated Scarlett was another thing that disturbed her. That much was clear—he hadn't moved on from their past issues. His attitude had bordered on rude, and Jace had a feeling the sheriff had a little bully on her. At least he'd agree to provide patrols in the areas

Still, in her mind kept returning to that damned phone call she'd received.

Mine..For you...

Had Scarlett misunderstood the caller's words? Was the murder tied to the phone call? If that's the case, what connection did it have to Scarlett? She had claimed that she didn't really know Christina and that there was no real relationship between them.

Jace pulled out her phone without hesitation and called one of her best friends, Gian to seek for help. She's not sure why she does it. It felt as if someone was whispering to her to do this.

After speaking with Gian, Jace tucked her phone into her pocket

After speaking with Gian, Jace tucked her phone into her pocket. The house was silent and the dining room was empty, with no coffee urn set up. She followed the sound of clinking dishes into the kitchen, where she found Scarlett standing with her back to her at the sink.

"Am I too late for the coffee?" Jace asked

Scarlett whirled around to face her, her cheeks instantly filling with color. "Oh, you startled me." She grabbed a towel from the counter and quickly dried her hands. "Have a seat and I'll pour you a cup." She pointed to the kitchen table, and Jace slid into a chair she got a mug from the cabinet.

"It's quiet around here this morning," Jace said.

"Matt is out, and Clark just left to take Ryleigh on a play date with her best friend. Would you like some breakfast? I'd be happy to whip you some eggs or something?"

Jace shook her head and wrapped her fingers around the warm coffee mug. "No, thanks, I'll just wait until lunch." What Jace wanted to do was to take her coffee and leave the kitchen, escape from the warmth of Scarlett eyes when she gazed at her.