Smash Rumours

There are rumours about Super Smash Bros. 6.

That's right. There's a rumour going on about another Super Smash Bros. game after Ultimate coming out for the never heard of Nintendo Switch 2 after its creator Masahiro Sakurai (or just known as Sakurai) ended his YouTube channel. The news has spread not only in the real world, but the virtual world as well. Stories about Super Smash Bros. 6 have been republished in the virtual papers of the Mushroom Kingdom, Darklands (Super Mario), Kong Island (in only Donkey Kong games), Dream Land (Kirby), Inktopolis (Splatoon), Hyrule (The Legend of Zelda), the Animal Crossing village (Animal Crossing), well all over the gaming world basically.

When it comes to regular fighters, they would cheer and either start training right away to prepare or they wait for any confirmation updates before they start training. Those who have been assist trophies were either just meh unless Sakurai makes them actual fighters himself or Sakurai would get a bunch of letters demanding they be fighters.

One fighter and one character as an assist trophy was disappointed and angry.

In Diamond City, Wario is in his WarioWare, Inc. building alone after his friends had gone home late one night. Wario was finishing up his latest WarioWare, Inc. game; FINALLY putting in the effort to rid of any remaining game bugs this time and making sure the bugs are gone. While that was going on, he sees to his surprise Waluigi entering the building. He wanted to scold him and be mad at the purple thief for not telling him he's coming over and pretty much breaking into his property, but instead he saw anger in Waluigi's eyes on his phone.

This is where the brotherly concern part of him comes in; not the greedy businessman who just wants money off his games. Wario may like to trick people, but he has a soft spot for his tall brother Waluigi. Still, it was a surprise to see Waluigi in and Wario wanted to know why he's here.

"Waluigi, what are you doing here?" Wario asked. "I thought you were back at the Mushroom Kingdom preparing for the next party or something."

Waluigi didn't answer right away. He gritted his teeth angrily and showed his phone to Wario. On the screen is one of the articles about the Smash 6 rumours.

"This!" he shouted pointing at the screen angrily. "Sakurai is working on a new Smash Bros.!"

Wario took the phone and read through the article. The game creator of WarioWare, Inc. started to smile. A new Super Smash Bros. is going to come out in the future after Ultimate and he guesses he's a fighter once again. He had first gotten the invitation to Brawl and then got in Ultimate and he enjoyed every last minute of it; kicking other fighters' butts. What Wario loved more like the other fighters is their Final Smash. The Smash balls make them unstoppable for a short period of time.

Wario looked up at his brother as he was about to say something; ask him why that's got him so mad, but looking at Waluigi's face Wario's smile faltered when he remembered. This could mean Waluigi would be a stupid assist trophy again. Nobody in Super Smash Bros. wants to be the assist trophy. Fans had been demanding Sakurai to let Waluigi be in the game ever since Smash 4 for both the Nintendo 3DS and the Wii U, but that good for nothing creator decided not to because he simply hates Waluigi. Even so, would it be too much to ask to accept the fans' requests? After all this time Waluigi does deserve a spot.

In fact, it's not just Sakurai who's declining Waluigi to be in his game. Miyamoto as well would only put Waluigi in kart races, sports, and Mario Parties but no other game. Waluigi doesn't get his own game, Waluigi doesn't get to be in WarioWare, Inc. himself and there won't even be a Wario and Waluigi RPG spinoff.

In short, Waluigi is very underrated and it's not looking good for the purple thief.

"Well Waluigi, maybe this will be another chance." Wario tried to encourage him. "You'll get back to writing to Sakurai about being let in that game already as a fighter. It should be about time anyways. It's been about ten years now? Uhh...yeah. About ten years I think."