coward or Defeated

Double update......

---

Annie slowly opened her eyes, finding herself in an unfamiliar room.

"Oh, you're up?" Eun Ae said softly, entering the room with a fruit tray in her hands.

Annie recognized Eun Ae, the ex-wife of Kim Soo Hyun. Confusion clouded her thoughts as she tried to piece together how she ended up here.

"What am I doing here?" Annie asked slowly, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

"You don't remember? You became unconscious on the road last night," Eun Ae explained calmly, setting the tray down beside Annie's bed.

Annie's memories flooded back—running in fear, the impact of the car, and then darkness. She attempted to sit up, but Eun Ae gently placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Wait, where are you going? You need to eat something. You've been unconscious since last night," Eun Ae insisted softly, concern evident in her voice.

Annie hesitated, torn between her instinct to flee and Eun Ae's gentle persistence. "Thank you, but I have to go," she replied, her voice firm despite the uncertainty swirling within her.

Eun Ae's expression softened, her eyes searching Annie's face.

"Where will you go?" she asked quietly, catching Annie off guard with the question.

"Huh?" Annie's brows furrowed in confusion.

Eun Ae sighed softly before continuing. "Annie, there's something important I need to tell you. I've been wanting to meet with you for a long time," she admitted, her voice earnest.

Annie looked at Eun Ae, her confusion deepening. "What is it?" she asked, unsure of what to expect.

"Wait, I'll just show you," Eun Ae said, reaching for her phone with a determined expression.

Annie watched as Eun Ae pulled up a video. Her eyes widened in shock as she saw Jungkook and Soo Hyun in conversation, their words and demeanor painting a picture she never expected. Soo Hyun's lies and manipulations unfolded before her eyes, shattering the image of him she had held dear as an elder brother figure.

In video

"Well, I heard you're going to get married to Annie,"

"How do you know about that?"

"There's nothing hidden between Annie and me. She told me everything,"

"You two are quite the pair."he continued.

"What the hell do you mean by that?"

"I mean, you both play the game so well. It's almost poetic, isn't it?"

"Quit dancing around the issue and say it straight,"

"Do you honestly believe she still loves you? After knowing everything about you?Come on, Jungkook, you've seen the world. Do you know how much I pay her? She earns as much as a general manager in my company. So think, why would I pay her that much just to tutor my daughter?" he taunted,

"I pay her because I desire her. Isn't it obvious? Initially, she resisted my advances, but now she's all in," Soo Hyun continued,

"Shut your damn mouth!"

"You've betrayed her, Jungkook. You cheated on her, so now she wants you to taste betrayal too – that's why she's with me," he sneered.

Blinded by rage, he struck Soo Hyun hard across his face