choices and consequences

“Oh my Annie, look at you, your Mommy version is so cool and sexy now. But tell me—what do you think the court will say when they see this?”

Jungkook’s eyes gleamed with a mixture of triumph and defiance as he held up his phone. The screen displayed their intimate video, a digital relic of their private moments.

Annie’s face went pale as her eyes widened in horror. Her heart pounded violently in her chest. The sight of the video, captured without her consent, felt like a betrayal so deep it cut through her with icy precision.

She was filled with a gut-wrenching sense of violation, compounded by the shock of seeing her most private moments on display.

“How could you?” Her voice cracked under the weight of her emotions. Anger and disbelief mingled in her tone, each word sharp with hurt.

“You made a video of us without asking me. How could you be so shameless and disgusting?”Jungkook’s face remained almost indifferent, a smirk tugging at his lips.

“What’s disgusting about it? I love you. You love me. I just wanted to capture our moments.”Annie’s eyes flashed with fiery indignation.

“Think about it. If I show this in court, who will believe your lies about me forcing you? We both know it was consensual.”Jungkook’s smirk wavered, then reappeared with a hard edge.

Annie looked at his face for few moments then smirked.

Jungkook narrowed his eyes.

"What?"

"You can never show this to anyone, " she said smirking.

"I'll " jungkook replied

“You can’t. You can’t even bear the thought of anyone else seeing me, let alone exposing something so personal. Nice try but You’ve failed, Mr. Jeon. Try something else.”

Jungkook’s expression shifted to frustration as he realized the gravity of her words. He poked his tongue against his cheek, a gesture of impotent annoyance.

Deep down, he knew she was right—he could never reveal such private footage.

“Old Annie is dead, Jungkook,” she said, her voice steady but carrying a tone of finality.

“She’s gone. I’m married now and have started a new life. It’s good if you’ve changed, but it’s best for both of us if you move on. Just let me live my life.”With a decisive motion, Annie wrenched her wrist free from his grip.

Jungkook’s voice was thick with desperation. "You know very well I can't live without you. I want you and the kids back."

Annie's face was set in a hard line, her voice resolute. "I don’t care about you. I don’t want to live with you, and I don’t want my kids to live with you either. Get that through your head."

Jungkook’s eyes flashed with hurt and frustration. "You’re being selfish."

She met his gaze, feeling a surge of anger.

"You’re thinking only of yourself. What can you offer them? I have money. I can give them everything they need." He continued.

Annie’s heart sank. "I’m not rich, but I can still take care of my kids. I’m enough."

Jungkook’s expression darkened. "You won’t listen. Did you hear about Changmin’s promotion? Do you know how that happened?"

Annie looked confused. "What are you talking about?"

"I made it happen," Jungkook said, his voice dripping with menace.

"And if I can make his company promote him, I can also make sure he loses his job. He has two big loans—one for your studies and one for the car he bought you."