|Chapter Five|

————————————————————

The upcoming days definitely made you paranoid, well how could you not be? You had gotten threatened when you were coming back from seeing Hoshina. You knew Hoshina must've thrown himself into his work because you hadn't seen him for a few days- well you two had a small conversation during the cafeteria but it was quickly interrupted by the fellow female officer, whom you've quickly come to learn that her name is Hayami.

Sure- she wasn't unfortunate looking; she was built and had that dominant personality that raptured all the other's officers attention. But ever since that awkward elevator ride you had been thinking about her words more and more, and it lit something up in you. You weren't going to back down-

Whatever was going on between you and Hoshina, you were going to figure it out. You had never felt so determined to push yourself out of your office, who knows what made you feel so competitive but that didn't matter now. You were slowly escalating up in the elevator, your hands were balled up into fists the more you thought about it. Everyone here was an adult, and you certainly weren't going to back down because Hayami was some officer. No- you also contributed and Hoshina could choose anyone he wanted. It's not like she could actually hurt you anyway, there was surveillance everywhere and people were always around. How could you be scared?

You were hyping yourself up, you could also learn to express yourself more and it seemed that Hoshina had a liking towards you. Yeah, maybe you had a chance- wait what? Chance for what?

"Ugh, I'm so dumb," you softly whined to yourself, how could something like this even cross your mind? You two weren't even dating and you had known each other for a few weeks. Though you were brought back to reality once the elevator dinged and it opened, greeting you with the sight of some people shuffling around. You blinked before stepping out and shoving your hands into the pockets of your coat, what were you going to do again?

Your pace was slow, no one turned to look at you since they were busy doing their own thing. To be fair- everyone was always on edge in case of an attack, yet here you were looking for a certain man. You muttered out an apology as you felt your shoulder bump into someone. You turned your head, your confidence slipping as you muttered out an apology.

"Hey! You're the... uh..." you heard the familiar voice of that one old man from the hospital wing. You glanced up and you wanted to burst out laughing from his strained expression. "Forensic pathologist," you finished for him, finally turning your whole body to look at him. He seemed to be around Captain Ashiro's age, how ironic.

"Yeah! That," he laughed out nervously, it seemed more out of embarrassment. "I guess that's what they call it, I'm Kafka Hibino," he introduced himself, and you offered a small smile. "Yeah I remember, the vice captain sure seems fond of you," you admitted, but you would understand why. He seemed like no threat at all, in fact, he didn't seem to carry a threatening or bold attitude.