Chapter 1 ~ exploring ~

What had he been thinking, going for a run alone and at night in unfamiliar surroundings?

Oon Dakhorn, beta of the golden sunset pack had travelled to Vietnam ahead of his alpha and luna to make sure that everything was cleared with the relevant authorities so that their plans could go ahead unhindered.

His alpha boss Raz was a geologist and he needed to take some samples from a rocky outcrop which was located about 28 kilometers away from the Hang Son Doong Cave then he could run tests on them.

The largest natural cave in the world it hosted a network of immense caverns and smaller chambers, many of which remained undiscovered including vast networks of tunnels that seemed endless and Oon just 'had' to go exploring by himself and decided that he would be able to navigate the uneven ground a lot better in his wolf form.

'brilliant plan Oon' he thought to himself while running as if his life depended on it and indeed it did with an eight foot tall lycan chasing after him.

His chest was burning as he tried to draw air into his lungs, his legs were hurting and somewhere along the way he had stumbled on something sharp and sliced open his paw but he couldn't stop, if he did he was as good as dead.

His wolf's sharp hearing could tell that the beast wasn't far behind and was closing in fast and he just ... couldn't ... make ... it. 

He should have known better, it was something that their mothers instilled into them as very young pups, never go running alone off pack land and sometimes even on pack land if rogues had been spotted

He yelped as he suddenly felt himself being tossed into the air then he landed with a thud, whining in pain as the hard ground impacted his ribs and the gigantic creature loomed over him, it's snout pressed into his scruff sniffing against his fur as its long clawed fingers pinned him down by the throat.

Oon kept his eyes squeezed tightly shut as he waited for the inevitable to happen, he just hoped that it was a quick death as his throat was ripped out but when nothing happened he opened his eyes slowly then gasped in shock when he saw a pair of large, mustard coloured orbs peering down at him.

The beast's head was tilted to one side as if daring him to try and run away again.

"shift" the beast growled via mind link.

"no" Oon replied while trying to shake his head.

"shift now!" the beast ordered again, compelling Oon to obey, as if he was going to do that, in his human form he would be even smaller

"let go of me, I wasn't doing anything wrong" Oon replied in the hope that he could reason with the hybrid and it would let him go.

"I won't tell you again ... shift"

"no, if you're going to kill me just get it over with and if you're not ... what are you planning to do ... rape me?" Oon asked in fear.

"I don't need you to shift to do that" the beast replied prompting Oon to start struggling and trying to scratch it's arms.

"get the hell off of me you filthy mutt" Oon linked back.

"you dare to speak to me with such disrespect while I have you at my mercy? shift now or I will drag you back to the cave as you are, this is your last warning!" the angry beast linked.

"all right' get off me then, I can't fucking shift with your huge hairy ass on top of me!"

Oon figured if he was going to die he may as well say whatever he wanted.

The hybrid let go of his throat and leaned back a little allowing Oon to shift back into his human form, completely naked and at the creature's mercy.

"I can see I'm going to have to teach you some manners mate"