33. 𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪

Inara was sitting at the reception chair with Dr. Hamza and a staff nurse. They both were talking, she was just looking at them but wasn't taking part in the conversation.

She just smiled here and there. She was thinking about Zulaid and his behavior, didn't like it a bit. He could have talked to her about it but it wasn't a way to punish her. He took advantage of his seniority but could she complain, definitely not as a doctor but as a wife and she wasn't going to spare her dear husband for messing with her.

"I had a plan with my fiancee for tonight" Hamza mumbled to her.

"And sadly you are stuck here" She chuckled lightly.

"All thanks to Zulaid sahab for his gracious punishments" He mocked. This guy had a huge dislike for Zulaid.

She wanted to see his face when he would know Inara is Zulaid's wife.

"Hello guys!" Dr. Azwa entered the ward to hand over to her fellow resident. Both Inara and Hamza took the rounds with them.

"Zulaid was in a very good mood today" Azwa stood next to her.

"Oh you mean Dr. Zulaid" She smirked at her.

"He is my friend. I can call him whatever I want" She smiled back at her.

"Oh really"

"Come on Inara! You knew how much he liked me. Don't think he forgot me after marrying you. He was forced by his family otherwise he wouldn't marry you ever. He never liked you, never talked good about you" Azwa patted her arm before leaving and Inara didn't know how to control her anger.

Her mouth turned sour.

Her gaze fell at a little patient who was already looking at her. She smiled at him and walked to his bed.

Zulaid's head hit the pillow. He opened his eyes and realized he had fallen asleep in the sitting position. He massaged his forehead. He was tired but had no intention to fall asleep. His neck was aching due to his posture.

By looking at the clock he realized how long he had slept. He checked his cell phone. There were no messages or calls from Inara. He dialed her number and rested his head on the bedpost.

She rejected his call.

Pick up my call.

He messaged her. She read it the next second but chose not to reply.

Come on Nara! I am sorry. I want to talk to you. Don't be angry.

He messaged again. She read it again but didn't reply.

He went to freshen up, took a warm shower, changed into comfy clothes and grabbed Inara's bag she used to carry to hospital on her call days. He looked into the bag. It had a lightweight blanket, a shawl and a small toiletries bag.

He went to Inara's bedside table and grabbed her antidepressants. After making sure he collected everything she needed. He went to the hospital. On his way, from a mart he grabbed some snacks she liked and her favourite pasta from an eatery.

Upon reaching the hospital he dialed her number and as expected she rejected his call.

I am at the hospital. Are you going to come to my office or am I coming to the ward? You have five minutes to decide.

Zulaid opened the door of his office and took his chair. After exactly three minutes, the door was opened and Inara walked inside slamming the door behind her. The corridor was empty and silent.

She rested her hands at the table and stared at him, waiting for him to speak as she herself wasn't going to say a single word to him.

"Hmm I can see someone is very angry" He smiled at her just to get a stern look in return.