✈️ 26000 ft. ✈️

"A toast to the grooms! Cheers!" Alya announces, raising her champagne glass.

Everyone does the same with their drinks, except for Akemi and Emi, who raise their glasses of watermelon juice.

We are at Kumo No Tani, the place where our beautiful and wonderful grooms decided to have their wedding dinner. It is a quiet place, hidden in the suburbs of Tokyo. The setting is a lush private Japanese garden, with a covered area for events, where a dedicated team of renowned chefs prepares exquisite cuisine for all of us. There is only one table set, a very long one, where I can count all the guests.

Me, Étienne, Nilo, Alya, Mário, Vincent and Hiyama. Not to mention the daughters of the guests: Akemi, Emi and Vincent's daughter, the fifteen-year-old girl named Faith, since his other son, Hoop, did not come. We are enjoying our moment together, after all, I feel the joy of being here next to my boyfriend and also celebrating as groomsmen at the wedding of my best friends. It's a night to remember, as even the Murphy-Kudo twins are here.

The grooms and their guests enjoy an exclusive dinner, with dishes that combine traditional and modern influences of Japanese cuisine, as well as Western dishes. The soft lights and music are important to the relaxed atmosphere we are in. Kumo no Tani is far from the hustle and bustle of Tokyo, which means: total peace for everyone here.

Dinner is served: Filet Mignon medallions in red wine sauce, accompanied by truffled mashed potatoes and grilled vegetables. They chose this option to please everyone's tastes, since the minority here are Japanese, the majority are of other nationalities, so we're even using occidental cutlery! Despite this, I'm happy that everyone is enjoying the meal, with Akemi and Emi enjoying the mashed potatoes. It's really delicious!

"So..." Mario puts a portion of vegetables in his mouth and finishes swallowing before asking the French groom, "Are you going to post about this party in The Heart Of Starwind?"

Étienne immediately denies it, a playful smile forming. "There are things that only families need to share, and this is one of them. The account is serving his purpose of apologies."

"Not just friends, but also crew." Alya draws attention to this detail. "If Robert Blanchard delivers a plane to us right now, everyone here will play their respective roles."

It makes sense! When you think about it, everyone here has a specific role, that's interesting. Two pilots, a chief purser and four flight attendants.

"Even if it's a domestic flight," Hiyama takes a sip of champagne as he comments. "We have a minimum crew of a 737 here."

"You can be sure that we would fail the alcohol test," Vincent laughs, making everyone surrender to the joking atmosphere between us. "No flying, only a bunch of crazy people will leave here."

"Can we stop talking about work?" I ask, seeing that Akemi and Emi are at the table without understanding anything. The girls eat in silence and look at me every time I say something. "We're here to have fun, I barely slept when I got back from yesterday's flight because of you."

"Everyone here is tired," Nilo says. "But we can't help it, if it's work that we came from."

"And we'll come back from work." Étienne picks up the phone momentarily.

Despite our shared day off, everyone here had a pretty busy week. Hiyama and I hadn't seen each other in two weeks. The grooms? They hadn't seen each other in almost a month. Vincent was on his month-long vacation and Alya was flying like an angel, she decided to spend a month on domestic flights. And Rio...

He followed the old lady, sharing a secret with us, "Since we're talking about work, please don't spread the word," he says quietly. "I have a crush on Vanessa Ferriz."