one

⋆౨ৎ˚⟡˖ ࣪

"𝗪𝗛𝗔𝗧 𝗗𝗢 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗟𝗜𝗞𝗘 𝗧𝗢 𝗗𝗢 𝗢𝗡 𝗔 𝗥𝗔𝗜𝗡𝗬 𝗗𝗔𝗬𝗦?" She had asked him. They were the first words to come out of her lips as she stared outside the windows of the chamber. Aegon looked at the chaperon with confusion, but she ignored both of them, busy with her book.

"I-" He stopped himself, which made her gaze slide to him from the gloomy landscape outside. Her eyes made him nervous. "I suppose, I-"

"I simply ask, because it would be awful to fly in this weather." She smiled awkwardly. "Or so I think..."

Aegon's eyes remained on her, his lips left a little open as he nodded. "I draw." He said simply, but readied himself for a scowl, which never came.

Yvaine's eyebrow lifted. "What do you draw?"

He threw a nervous look at the chaperone, who still ignored them. It was the first time he was talking with someone who didn't immediately voice their disdain for the activity. "I sketch dragons mostly." After a moment he added, "Mine mostly."

Yvaine smiled gently. "It is said that yours is the most beautiful one. Some say that he shines like the Sun itself."

Aegon was confused, why she hadn't... Why was she still talking to him? And acting interested... "He is. My Sunfyre." He smiled thinking about his dragon. What would he give to just leave this room and go for a flight with his boy through the skies and clouds.

"If you feel like it, I would love to see the drawings one day." Aegon's brows raised and he nervously turned to the chaperone again, who was still not doing her job. He nodded slowly and reached for a cup of wine on the table.

"One day." It was a different wine, the one he did not like. Did they put it here to make him sit sober through the meeting? He asked himself.

Yvaine noticed how he didn't talk much. It was a pity as she was not a talker herself. Would their marriage be silent? Her hand went to pick at the golden embroidery on her dress and Aegon's eyes followed her fingers. "Gold is my favourite colour." He stated, making her ask why. "It's the colour of Sunfyre." The corner of his lips lifted at the thought of his dragon.

"How is he?" She asked more about Sunfyre... Aegon's heart skipped a bit. Was it because she was genuinely interested or was Yvaine just trying to gain his favour?

"Sunfyre is very... playful, he likes to fly with me." His words were reserved, he was looking at the floor while speaking, feeling nervous. "It's easy to excite him, so I try not to disappoint him, giving him false hope for something." Yvaine nodded, looking at Aegon.

"It is said that the dragons are similar to their riders."

Aegon looked up and massaged the back of his neck with his palm, trying to ease his discomfort. "My bond with Sunfyre is strong, it makes that statement even more true than for the most." It was the most he had said to anyone about his life for a long time. It was making his stomach turn.

Yvaine nodded slowly. She had a habit of doing that he noticed. "Is it possible for someone with non-valyrian blood to meet a dragon without being eaten?" Her hand was still playing with her dress.

"You would like to meet him?" He straightened on the chair, interested in her answer.

"If it's not a prob-"

"It's not. My brother's dragon would probably eat you, but if you go with me, Sunfyre is... mostly harmless. My lady." Aegon loved showing Sunfyre off, and his dragon enjoyed it as well. "Are you not scared?"