six

⋆౨ৎ˚⟡˖ ࣪

𝗣𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗖𝗘 𝗔𝗘𝗚𝗢𝗡 𝗩𝗢𝗠𝗜𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗧𝗪𝗜𝗖𝗘 𝗧𝗢𝗗𝗔𝗬. Once, on a poor maid that brought him breakfast and the second time... His brother had the pleasure. Aemond ran out of his chamber swearing and cursing Aegon, begging the Gods to strike his brother.

The wedding robes were hanging from a chandelier in his room... Will it still be his room after the wedding? Will they move them both somewhere else? He will share his rooms with Yvaine after today. Aegon got goosebumps at the thought. She will be his wife in a couple of hours... Unless she finally saw through him and had run away back to the Highgarden. He wouldn't be surprised at that.

Nonetheless, he had to make it to the Sept in one piece, in clothing and preferably without any more vomit. "Aegon?" His mother knocked on his doors.

"Moment!" He yelled back as he finished dressing himself. "Alright!" Alicent came in and stopped in the doorway, looking at her son in surprise. He must have looked awful. Aegon prepared himself for the normal berating, but it never came. His eyes slowly raised to hers. Alicent's mouth was covered by her hand and she-

His mother was crying. When their gazes locked she closed the doors and her son just stood in the place, confused. She nodded slowly. "You grew up." A sob escaped her.

"You did too." He answered back awkwardly not knowing what to say, but his mother came closer and embraced him tightly.

"Time is awful." He heard her whisper into his hair. She leaned back and looked at him again, straightening his sleeves. "You look very handsome, Aegon. A real prince of the realm."

Aegon thanked her dismissively, but deep down he liked that she said it. At least, he managed to look presentable on his wedding day. But the other part... A real prince of the realm. His mother's dream, was it? He was anything but. The debauchery he allowed himself, his nightly escapades, his sloth and greed... Aegon could never be the prince his mother dreamt about. Aemond had been far closer to that, but he was the first son, was he not?

Then he heard a gasp escape Alicent. Aegon followed her gaze and- His nightstand. "The Tragedy of Ser William?" She asked, walking to collect it. "You- you've been reading it?"

Aegon's hand shot to the back of his neck to massage it in a soothing motion. "I read it."

His mother sat down on the edge of his bed where she was normally disgusted to sit. "Do you remember when I read it to you? And to Helaena and Aemond? I think even Daeron might have-"

"I do." The prince interrupted. "But you've only read half of it."

Alicent was going through the book, looking at the illustrations inside. "It is sad. I didn't want you to hear how it ended. You were all so small..." Aegon nodded, watching his mother. He had- He couldn't remember when was the last time he had seen her in such a state. "May I borrow it?" The queen asked, looking at her son. "I wish to- I'll read it again." Her son nodded again. 

𝗜𝗧 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗗 𝗧𝗢 𝗞𝗘𝗘𝗣 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗕𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗞𝗙𝗔𝗦𝗧 𝗜𝗡, but now that the dress was on her she could not let herself empty her stomach. Yvaine paced around the room nervously. Was Aegon nervous too? She had been curious if he were. "My lady, the pearls." One of the maids said to her, opening the box from her father. Yes, yes, her mothers necklace. White once, now yellowish.