five

⋆౨ৎ˚⟡˖ ࣪

He was really trying. Really. Even when his muscles screamed at him to stop and his breath became much shorter than it should have. Aegon tried to attack Ser Criston again, but it only made the knight punch him with the wooden sword. "Your knees are weak." He said, making Aegon annoyed.

The prince threw a look at the balcony over them. Yvaine stood there with his mother. Has she brought her too? Or did his gracious mother decide to dirty her dress just to see him? He regained balance and tried his previous action again.

"Prince Aemond!" Criston yelled, "Do not stop!" The knight shouted at his younger brother, who stood, leaning on the wooden table, watching Aegon. Judging. That's what they all did, didn't they? Yvaine must have too. To see her future husband in a state of tiredness after only an hour of training. Shame. Aegon thought that she would never come to visit him here again. Maybe it was for the better... He wouldn't need to wake up early to swing a wooden toy at his mother's protector. Gods! Why did the Sun shine so much today?

When Cole finally patted him on the back and told him he can take a break, Aegon practically ran to the nearest bench. He took a cup and drank the water very quickly. Tortures. Maybe Larys Clubfoot should have traded his position with Ser Criston... At least the training wouldn't be so... strenuous.

Aemond took his place with Cole and- Seven Hells! When did his little brother become better than the knight? Aemond could beat him with ease. Aegon' head shook with disbelief.

"My prince," He heard the voice of his betrothed. She sat down next to him, but in a proper distance his mother was watching from the balcony, although Yvaine had always held a proper distance with him. Nothing new. "You are a very fierce warrior."

He felt his stomach turn at her jest and he scoffed. Even she, of course, had to- "I'm not in a mood for humour, my lady." His gaze met hers. She wasn't joking.

"Apologies, but I did not make fun of you." Why did her voice had to be so gentle!? " It takes courage to come back after a longer absence." She was speaking as if he took down whole armies and yet he only came to make a fool of himself in front of the knights and squires. He was no Ser William. Ser William would have given her the crown of flowers she deserved. He could never. "I find it very brave." Why? That was the only question in Aegon's mind right now. Why?

"Thank you."

"Does your hair not disturb you?" She asked, with what he thought, was a genuine concern. "I could tie it back for you. Or do a small braid."

Aegon turned his head from her, feeling his cheeks going red. It was obviously because of the training. "I... I would like that." She smiled at him. He would let her braid his hair for a whole day if the smile remained on her face. She reached out for a small ribbon that was around her wrist and told him to turn. She pulled them all back and did as she said earlier.

"Done." Aegon turned back to her at her whisper.

"Thank you again." He told her with a small smile. Was the ribbon her favour? Did she give her favour to him? As Lady Olenna did to Ser William?

"I will come back to your mother now. She shouldn't be standing alone." Aegon nodded at her words and when she was gone he thought only about that damned ribbon. Even when Cole plunged him into mud. Twice.

Maybe he could be Ser William if he tried hard enough. A fierce warrior... No, he was just Aegon.